Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

I’m happy to hear you’re in a better state, A2BP!

PS I also like FA (no, not Free Alcohol…)

6 Likes

What is FA?

6 Likes

Fuck Alcohol :laughing:

10 Likes

I can definitely agree!

7 Likes

I’m grateful for the gym session and swim session. My mental health picks up so much.
Grateful for nice food and the fact I can cook even with just really simple stuff and leftovers to feed my mini family of 2, soon to be 4 :black_cat::black_cat:
Grateful for a video of the kittens today and bloody hell they look a handful already at ten weeks…
Grateful for my life in general
Grateful for a four day weekend
Grateful that I know that I need to make changes and that I accept this
Grateful for another month sober
Grateful for water
Grateful the roadworks are done now so we can get out the road quicker
Grateful for my bed, it’s just the right hard
Grateful that Chelsea won tonight in sm Gothenburg and top the UWCL
Grateful for the kingfish my neighbour gifted for me
Grateful for such lovely neighbours around me, they are actually mostly all really nice, we are community proper
Grateful for good coffee
Grateful that my BIL works in a cheese place and sent us a massive stash of cheese and condiments. Lucky again, will last us forever of we freeze some.
Grateful for books and stories
Grateful for you guys

10 Likes

@anon68572606
I’m grateful for this thread

It’s a fun read too.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

I’m grateful to hear that @Dazercat and wifey are starting to feel much better.
I’m grateful @JazzyS is nearly at 1 year. I hope you are going to treat yourself when it arrives!
I’m grateful I enjoyed my first day at work. I think it is a good fit for me at the moment and there is opportunity for training and progression in the future, should I want it.
I’m grateful my cat grabbed my hand between his paws and has just spent 10 minutes cleaning my whole hand. What a silly, lovely boy :smile::blush:
I’m grateful I think I have to add more acronyms to my sign off now @Naomi @anon68572606 @Dazercat ?!
FA
AFAF
FAFAF
ODAAT
Oh, and if I didn’t mention already… FA !!!
:heart::v:

11 Likes

FAFFA too perhaps?

4 Likes

I knew I couldn’t be the only one who did know, Eric. Thanks for the link :wink:

@JazzyS I named him Pablo (he is originally from Spain, olé!). I just got him two months ago from people who were moving to the US. I’m very happy to have him, three years without a dog in my home felt not complete :blush:

10 Likes

@Dilettante thanks friend - no major celebrations this year - just grateful to have made it and still going strong. Did get myself a lovely 1 year chip to remember this achievement. Grateful that i am able to be there for my family when they need me (like the change).
@Naomi Beautiful dog Pablo - grateful that he was able to help complete your home :hugs:

Thursday morning gratefulness with my sober friends :people_hugging:
I am so grateful for a beautiful morning start. Woke up before my alarm (wanted more sleep but gratefully got up and moving).
I am so grateful that i will be able to go see my mom before heading into work this morning.
I am so grateful that I will go in for my weekly treatment tonight. I always feel better after having it done. I am becoming more hopeful that i will see some positive results by the end of January.
I am so grateful for hitting my 1 year of sobriety today. 1 year of being free of all my addictions, of living a healthier life being more mindful of my interior as well as my exterior. Grateful for the support from my family and this community to get me to this point. Truely can not do this alone. Grateful for the tools that i have gathered along the way to help keep me trekking. This is a life long journey and i plan on having a long and healthy life.
I am so grateful for the break we are about to get next week from the restaurant and hospital. Grateful that we can do the prep and deliveries on our own time. No need to rush anything.
I am so grateful that i was able to dye my hair and give myself a manicure last night. The house is clean and no pressing chores need to be done. This is my minds way of enjoying my special day - being free of all responsibility LOL. I will go in and help out today at the restaurant but that will be fun. I will be able to set my pace and do the behind the scenes work so no interactions with customers which I am so grateful for as i find that it draining for me at this time.
I am so grateful for a warm December day. I was hoping to go for a walk and listen to some tunes today but alas i don’t know if that is in the cards for today.
I am so grateful for my HP. I know that i would not have gotten this far without Him. Grateful for my meditation/ prayer practices that keep me connected to Him.
I am so grateful for taking it ODAAT! learning to live life on life’s terms. Learning to accept my flaws and work on them with gentleness as we are human and forever growing.
I am so grateful for ALL OF YOU! thank you for being a part of my journey. Grateful for the support direct and indirect that i receive daily from this community.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

Hell yeah

Proud of ya girl @JazzyS

Im greatful in this moment for…

This community and the celebrations and lessons learned
My sobriety 599 days free
Everyone here
Woke my ass up and worked out
Hubby has a day off
A great day yesterday
Hopefully an easy day at work today
Off work friday thru tuesday!
Short week next week
My job
I like my agency
I like my coworkers
Fresh water
Modern conveniences
Time to reflect
Love
Hope
Laughter

11 Likes

I’m grateful for music and that I am able to hear so that I can enjoy music.

I’m grateful I live 500 miles away from my family, especially during this special time of the year.

I’m grateful my ex-girlfriend is my ex-girlfriend and that a year ago I told her I don’t want to still be friends with her. I’m grateful that if we see each other in passing, we both say hi and go on our ways without any awkward discomfort–at least on my end.

@Cjp king sized beds are the best!
@JazzyS hand written letters are still the best to receive. One year is amazing. Great work! So many congratulations!

12 Likes

Yay! Congratulations on a full trip around the sun @JazzyS! Love your chip! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:partying_face: :tada:

7 Likes

I’ve been using this app throughout recovery. I definitely haven’t been perfect but perfection is not the goal.

I completed 575 days of gratitude journaling! Join me using the Presently App.

Today I am grateful for:
-my peaceful and short commute to work
-my sister sharing her frustrations training her new dog
-my sister making great decisions on resolving dog issues.
-my mental/physical health
-this community

What are you grateful for today?

12 Likes

THANK YOU @cjp @Chiron and @Lisa07 Appreciate you so much :hugs:

4 Likes

I’m grateful for friends.
I’m grateful for the wonderful feeling when I ride a bike.
I’m grateful for successfully solving a problem.
I’m grateful for our beautiful Christmas Tree.
I’m grateful for this day.

11 Likes

Grateful for cute pictures and videos of our new kittens today… They look crazy at ten weeks… :joy:
Grateful for my new Kindle
Grateful for crime fiction, I just love it
Grateful for home cooked food straight outta the freezer, so convenient and homely and good.
Grateful for a shop near my flat, just when you run out of tea bags
Grateful for a swimming pool
Grateful I work from home and can manage my work life to have an afternoon swim
Grateful there was a reduced pack of jam doughnuts at the shop… Delicious :yum:

11 Likes

First of all, congratulations on a full year of sobriety, that’s amazing @JazzyS!! :tada:

I am grateful for this moment. My living room view, the raindrops on the window and the Christmas lights outside rocking in the wind.
I am grateful for the deep conversation with a friend today about life, addiction and stoicism.
I am grateful for having a laugh with my colleagues today.
I am grateful for my paycheck today.
I am greatful for my car.

11 Likes

Welcome Mat.
Nice to see you.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you Naomi :pray: Feels amazing.

4 Likes