Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Congrats Emm on your 14 months of sobriety and recovery!
Nope - no failure today. Sorry you are going through some hard days love —we are here for you if you need to talk. You are crushing it with dealing with life’s lifey shit completely sober.
tenor (1)

10 Likes

Thank you amazing Jazzy!

I’m so grateful we all have each others backs :pray: :smile: :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations on 7 months!!! I’m grateful you are here with us!

8 Likes

Congratulations on 14 months- I’m grateful your alter description made me laugh!

8 Likes

14 months :scream:
I’m so fucking happy for you M.
Great job :clap:
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Good morning dear soberians,

I’m grateful Im starting to feel better.
I’m grateful first time this week I have nothing important to do and I can rest 3 good hours when kids won’t be at home, I’m sure gonna feel much better afterwards, I really need it.
I’m grateful boys woke up in good moods.
I’m grateful I seen them happy dancing to some old Captain Jack hit in the radio, hilarious :slight_smile:
I’m so grateful they are healthy.
I love them so much.

19 Likes

Brian, Emm congratulations on 7 and 14 months!!! :sunflower:

Morning gratitude. I’m grateful I found at least some sleep this night, I was awake past midnight and tossed and turned until 5.30. I’m grateful I feel safe at my farm, it’s so quiet and only the moonlight lightens the dark. I’m grateful for a night without cats to settle on my own. I needed it. I’m grateful I enjoy it day by day, not worrying about the future. ODAAT.
I’m grateful for the thought that I’m perfectly able to chat for hours and chew on my thoughts without beer, nearly the same result: headache, sleep deprived and a little bit cranky. But no hangover, a semi-clear head and not wishing to fall asleep instantly. So yeah, a fucked up night is a fucked up night and I’m grateful for it because I got this sunrise with a wonderful cup of tea :orange_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

I need to hear that. Thanks @I.cant.We.can. I tell my two mentees that preemptively but if either of them or both,cringe,relapse I need to remember this. Thanks Brian. Congratulations on 7 months. I’m grateful and humbled by your efforts.

10 Likes

I’m grateful for amazing people further down the line than me sharing and showing me it can be done. Congratulations @I.cant.We.can and @M-be-free49 for 7 and 14 months-amazing!
I’m grateful my cat adventurer has returned home after 4 months away. We were very worried but he looks healthy enough, if a little skinny.
Grateful the vet could fit me in today to get him checked over.
Grateful that his sister’s reaction was a scowl and stalking off, she knows she has to share the love (and food station) again :joy:
Grateful for another interview invite for later this month.
Grateful for sunshine, coffee and croissants outside for breakfast.
Grateful for the NHS, even if waiting lists are long, it is reassuring to have things in motion.
Grateful that @Dazercat has shown me adding another F makes AFAF even better.
Grateful to be FAFAF, ODAAD.
Grateful to all of you here.
:heart::v:

14 Likes

I adore you. Stop stealin’ my thunder Emm. I hope you do join a meeting. This past Monday our dear friend @Juli1 joined. From Germany! I was over-the - moon happy. Let me share this. If you don’t want to turn your camera on you don’t have to. If you do not want to share then type listening next to your name. I will give you the opportunity to unmute and say hi during introductions It’s a very chill place. All are welcome. We ask only that you trust the process and do the hard work of recovery. Please join us just to see what we’re about. It is my home.I feel love for you my friend. Always. And forever :heart:. Hang on a sec,14 months ? Shee-it yeh!

11 Likes

Good morning friends,
I’m grateful that today is 3 years sober for me. I’m grateful that I didn’t experience to much (or any?) milestone malady this time. Probably did a little. I’m grateful for the life I’ve made, and continue to work at. I’m grateful I accidentally found TS, and then was led to this thread, my home thread. I’m grateful I have all of you, that I was excited to share my time with the gratidudes and gratidudettes- I know you all know how much goes into recovering and will share my happiness in a way that the normies in my life can’t. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness, and chances❤️

13 Likes

Huge congrats to you on your 3 years dear @Sunflower1! (this is the home thread celebration :point_up: :joy:)

I can’t imagine this place without you and your words and recovery.

Wishing you a day of celebratory joy around each corner! And cake or the like! :smile: :birthday: :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im soooo very greatful for…

My sobriety.
Hubbys sobriety.
Didnt wanna but showed up for a workout
Payday
I am able to pay bills
I am able to pay for an epic vacation
Countdown til vacation
Sunrises and sunsets
Getting the goosebumps and feeling like im where im supposed to be
AA
Finding a solution
Finding a peace
Letting go
Saying no to vaping
The ability to sit with uncomfortable feelings
Sobriety feels like a super power
My sobriety
38 free from all *unhealthy addictions

Peace and love to ya’ll

17 Likes

This morning I’m grateful for …

1. Day 18 :raised_hands:
  2. An alternate route from my forest trail run, I did part of it on trails but got chased out to finish on the road by my little insect friends haha.
  3. Others’ success in sobriety, I’m happy for you and take inspiration from you, thank you.
  4. Trees and Mother Earth, they give me peace.
  5. Getting very antsy to head back out to New Mexico. Not sure why I’m grateful for that but I am :woman_shrugging:
  6. Nutritious food and cookbooks that make it taste good.
  7. My animal friends, always.
  8. Doggy daycare so my doggos can socialize and get their yaya’s out.
  9. Poetry. I have written quite a few poems and am going to get back to it today and get my FB poetry page back online.
  10. Changing the air filter on my vacuum cleaner so it actually works :joy:
13 Likes

I’m grateful for my new job that I start today!

12 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

I’m grateful for another day sober.
I’m grateful it’s Friday and payday.
I’m glad my doctor takes my complaints seriously and investigates. Not thrilled about possible outcomes, but grateful I’m getting things checked out.
I’m grateful I work from home with a fairly flexible schedule. As long as I get the work done. Although right now even that’s a struggle.
I’m grateful for the start of (American) football.
I’m grateful I’m learning to take things OFDAAT

13 Likes

I’m grateful to be on day 58.
Grateful for the candor and humor and compassion I witness here on this forum every day.
Grateful for the near miss I had a couple weeks ago, because it showed me how much I really value my sobriety and made me even more determined to carry on with this AF journey (:kissing_heart: to others who posted about near misses!)
Grateful I can help migrating hummingbirds who are voraciously sipping at my nectar feeders. So amazing, these little creatures!!! I’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Grateful for the wildlife haven our bit of acreage has become over the past 40 years. It was just a patch of open field when we first started out.

13 Likes

CONGRATS love - 3 years is amazing… be proud and say it loud “I am a BADASS”
Grateful that you did not have much milestone malady. Keep doing what you are doing and stacking on them days!

tenor

7 Likes

Glad you are feeling better.

Your boys are adorable! Love those smiles :heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations Sunflower.
IMG_3081
What a great way to start the day here at our thread.
I’m soooo gratefully excited for you!!
Three years!! How amazing are you? Ya you!
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes