Im greatful for coffee
Im greatful for Boscoe cuddles
Im greatful for a short work week
Im greatful for sobriety
Im greatful for fewer bad mental health days
Im greatful for comfy pillows and blankets
Im greatful for a new day

12 Likes

Yesterday after posting, I kept falling into quick micro-sleeps and eventually gave in and went back to bed for a few hours. Iā€™m grateful I was able to do that. But also, I found later when I woke, that Iā€™d left one of the stove burners on, and Iā€™m grateful that nothing bad happened with that.

@Naomi welcome to the thread. :+1:
@JazzyS Glad to hear youā€™re making it past the need for coffee! Also, probably the best choice deciding to cut off your possible tenant. I used to own rental property, and that there is a lot of red flags!
@Dazercat Ugh getting ready for any medical test can be annoying, but this one is clearly being a real pain in the butt. :laughing: (please donā€™t hurt me). Good luck! :crossed_fingers: I hope all goes well.

11 Likes

Grateful for another year of living.
Grateful to be on the other side of my existential/mid-life crisis.
Grateful I donā€™t need to use in really awkward social situations, I can just observe and be fascinated by weird people acting weird.

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful my headache is not that bad.
Iā€™m grateful I think I got more minor headaches in the morning since Iā€™m eating a few sweets and chocolates at night. Grateful Iā€™ll be able to stop again after the Holidays.

Grateful for cat on a lap.
Much more soothing than elf on a shelf @Chiron ove never heard of it either till about 5 or 6 years ago watching Jimmy Kimmel. Oh and Iā€™m grateful itā€™s not my butt.

Iā€™m grateful I got a little motivated yesterday and clean a little bit of house. Prepped some approved jello and broth for wifey. Grateful I got my first car emissions test done. Our cars are 20 years old and weā€™ve never lived in a place where we had to get them tested. Iā€™m grateful it was a smooth process and grateful I get to do it again with my car today.

Iā€™m grateful for Norma and Gus videos.
Grateful Iā€™m done wit( last minute Christmas shopping.
Iā€™m grateful we never leave our pets over the Holidays. Iā€™m grateful we have our little Christmas set up and thatā€™s enough.

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m feeling better. Not :100: yet :mask:
Iā€™m grateful wifey is feeling much better and is going through with her procedure. I hope the clinic feels the same way.

Iā€™m grateful for desert wildlife. Especially the bobcats. Iā€™m grateful for my safe viewing area.

Iā€™m grateful the cats havenā€™t taken out our little drug store Christmas tree and decorations. YET :smirk_cat:

Iā€™m grateful wifey can still administer Alice drugs today and last night.

Grateful to get another day going to get closer to feeling better :100:

Grateful for you all.
:pray:t2::heart:

You donā€™t always need to plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe. Trust. Let go. And see what happens.
Mandy Hale

14 Likes

Grateful for this too! :people_hugging:

@erntedank oh Iā€™m so grateful for the saving power of knitting and comedy. I totally feel this and find the two to be a perfect escape for me. Looking forward to seeing your completed project :wink:

So grateful for this. Big hugs to you my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::people_hugging:

@Chiron glad nothing bad happened :pray: grateful that you were able to get that much needed rest in. I am grateful that I can see the red flags with potential tenants and go with my gut.

Tuesday morning gratefulness
I am so grateful that I can see Eric working on his gratitudeā€™s. Lovely way to start the day (after our fun coffee memes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
I am so grateful that I am showered and up and about. Available for family. No hangovers to deal with.
I am so grateful that I will be able to somewhat help with the restaurant and deliveries for this week and next.
I am so grateful that I did get a solid 5 hours of sleep last night.
I am so grateful that my brother came up with idea to send hand written to my 2nd cousin. She is an old soul in many ways and really loves getting mail. Took me a while to write something lolā€¦
Been a while since Iā€™ve written a letter. Got em in the mail todayā€¦ hopefully she will receive before the New Year.
I am so grateful for a comfy hoodie and my new jacketā€¦ feeling warm and cuddled today
I am so grateful for some Christmas music ( canā€™t believe Iā€™ve gone this long without hearing any this year). :scream_cat:
I am so grateful for my amazing family. Love them to pieces :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I am so grateful for the holiday seasonā€¦ work will be a less hectic and more manageable.
I am grateful that an old employee is willing to help out with a shift at the hospital this week.
I am so grateful the deck inspector only found as ime minor things he wanted addressed. Hopefully we will be able to move stuff out onto it this week.
I am so grateful for my delicious date apple square I finally got around to making last night. It was heavenly and amazingly too sweet. I really needed something sweet yesterday and grateful for naturally sweet options.
I am so grateful for a bright sunny day. I can get through winter and itā€™s coldness as long as I have my :sun_with_face:
I am so grateful for this place and all of you. My ability to connect wherever I am to this forum.
I am so grateful for my HP. Grateful for my daily practices. Grateful for my new treatment plan. Grateful for faith in better health. Grateful for LOVE. My heart feels light and full with joy
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day/ evening :people_hugging: sending you all so much love :heart::heart:

Picture of me in my new hoodie jacket and my necklaceā€¦just for you Eric :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Lookin Great Jazzy. Is that a fleece hoodie? Love a soft fleece hoodie.
Iā€™m grateful for your shout out and special pic here.
Iā€™m gratefulā€¦.Big day tomorrow :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Thanks friendā€¦big day in two daysšŸ˜‰ā€¦I am grateful for this too.

Edit ā€¦just saw my profile picture said sober date of 12/20ā€¦ sorry for the confusionā€¦that was the day I decided to go sober but was still very drunk and high. I have the following morning as my real sober date. Thanks for catching that

It is a Sherpa lined hoodieā€¦so soft and comfyā€¦a lovely warm hug :people_hugging:

9 Likes

That is awesome to hear! Iā€™ve been knitting forever and itā€™s my favorite hobby. So relaxing and feels great when you finish a project but also the process is just as important :blush:

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for a good nightā€™s sleep.
Iā€™m grateful for my health
Iā€™m grateful itā€™s finally winter break.
Iā€™m grateful I was able to do a strong yoga practice today.
Iā€™m grateful for Christmas lights all around us.

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful For today, iā€™m literally fighting to stay sober.
Iā€™m grateful for kind people like @JazzyS who checks on everyone
Iā€™m grateful i have a forum to get my basement level nonsense off my chest
Iā€™m grateful that i have a wife i can go home to, who loves me
Iā€™m grateful for my boys, who kick me all night and keep me from sleeping, but there my heart.
Iā€™m grateful for the fight inside of me
Iā€™m grateful for my accountability team, whom i need to rely on more.
Iā€™m grateful for my job, which is not stressful at the moment.
Iā€™m grateful for more time to grow as a man, husband, and father.
Future me, would love to smack some sense in me and tell me to change now, iā€™m grateful i get the chance now before its too late.

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for cosy socks and cardigans.
Iā€™m grateful I got a slow puncture in my tyre fixed before it became a more expensive problem.
Iā€™m grateful to be catching up on my favourite thread, as well as others, to take my mind off my new job nerves.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

10 Likes

I am grateful to watch the sun rise. I am grateful Higher Power always provides a guiding light in the dark. I am grateful I can accept these days it might show up different from what I was expecting. I am grateful I have confidence that everything will turn out alright in the end. I am grateful I recognized the prejudice I had towards a new colleage. I am grateful I can see I was wrong to make unsustained assumptions the way I did. I would have missed on getting to know a truly wonderful person. I am grateful for all the opportunities to learn. I am grateful for small gestures of kindness. I am grateful for connection. Itā€™s what got me here sober. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful December is almost over.

Bah. Humbug. :laughing:

11 Likes

Im greatful forā€¦

My sobriety
I didnt give in to stress and vape. Im at 20.20weeks free
I went off on hubby last night and we still love eachother
Boscoe cuddles
Our amazing king size bed
A great workout this morning
Good friends
Loving family
Vitamins
Mental health relief
Soon some vakay days
Hump day
Love
Hope
The feeling of one

11 Likes

@Dilettante what does AFAF mean?
@JazzyS you look amazing! I donā€™t know why, but I had a complete different image of you in my head :blush:

Another day, another opportunity to share some L-O-V-E:

I am grateful for my friend who is back from overseas and the long walk and talk we had today.
I am grateful my boss agreed with my plan to implement some organisational changes next year.
I am grateful for the warm fuzzy feeling my dog gives me.
I am grateful to go Christmas shopping with my son today (yes, we are late).
I am grateful for another day sober!

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful you asked.
Good morning Naomi
Sometimes AF = Alcohol Free
Sometimes AF = As Fuck
Sometimes we are AFAF :blush: And itā€™s a beautiful thing.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I forced myself to start my day; well, eventually start my day with a morning meditation. Iā€™m grateful even though it was longer than I wanted it worked. Iā€™m grateful it was more work during a meditation in the morning than I wanted, and it was worth it. I grateful I cried. Iā€™m grateful I must have had some deep emotions just dying to come out. Iā€™m grateful it made me feel better after.

Iā€™m grateful I think Iā€™m feeling better physically. Currently.
Iā€™m grateful wifeyā€™s procedures are over with.
Iā€™m grateful to try and work on contentment.
Iā€™m grateful I got my therapist today.
Iā€™m grateful I havenā€™t been to any meetings since I been sick and not infecting anyone.
Iā€™m grateful for all the sleep I been getting.
Iā€™m grateful I bought myself a Blueberry Kringle and I enjoyed some of it last night. Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t have any of it with my coffee this morning.
Iā€™m grateful for fresh OJ from AJā€™s Grocery.
Iā€™m grateful for desert rain.
Iā€™m grateful for the smell of the desert rain.
Iā€™m grateful for my espresso blend this morning.
Iā€™m grateful my Inteligentsia box of coffee beans showed up yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful wifey is finally up. Happy to let her sleep in some more.
Grateful for my alone time this morning and the HUGE change in attitude and it wasnā€™t just the coffee :wink:
Iā€™m really grateful I did that morning meditation.
Iā€™m grateful how powerful meditation can be.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

ā€œThe most powerful weapon against your daily battles is finding the courage to be grateful anyway.ā€
Unknown

11 Likes

@selflove_42 thanks friend for the shout out. Grateful for this site and how we all come together to help eachother out.
@cjp Grateful that my dear friend di not give in to the vape urges. :people_hugging:
@naomi Thank you friend. Your comment made me laugh. What a cutie you got there. What is your babyā€™s name?

Wednesday morning gratitudeā€™s
I am so grateful for getting some sleep last night. Enough to have me energized to get up on time this morning. Grateful that i got to spend time with my mom before heading into work.
I am so grateful that i was able to help out for half a day at the restaurant. I am so grateful for my super hero father. He really has stepped it up while my mom and brother are recovering.
I am so grateful that next week we will only have to deal with the deliveries as the restaurant will be closed and we do not have any hospital cafe shifts.
I am so grateful that i am home now and in bed. Able to rest and deal with my symptoms. Grateful that nothing got in the way of me being helpful today.
I am so grateful that i have my treatment tomorrow late afternoon. Actually looking forward to it.
I am so grateful that i just realized that my 1 year soberversary will fall on the Winter Solstice.
I am so grateful that I am holding my own and not having any milestone anxiety. Hard to believe the condition i was in last year at this time. How far i have come yet it almost feels like it wasnā€™t that long ago.
I am so grateful for my new water dental flosser pick. Really feel like it helps keep my mouth clean.
I am so grateful for my meditation and prayer practices. Grateful for the sanity they provide and how the practice helps ground and center me.
I am so grateful for my family. Grateful that my sister reminded me that we have other 2nd cousins that would feel left out if they did not receive letters so now we are hand writing a few more letters and hoping they arrive before the end of the year. I do remember the excitement of receiving a hand written letter when i was younger - hope they have the same joy.
I am so grateful for TS community and counter app. :hugs:
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I managed to get out of bed and do my morning routine with yoga and meditation instead of wailing in more self pity. It did me good, lifted my mood, made me refocus.
Iā€™m grateful for the trip I took with my daughter. We spent some really nice mother daughter time.
Iā€™m grateful for the nice walk. The lights in the city were so nice.
Iā€™m grateful for realising that nothing will make my awful hormone induced mood go away, and I might as well keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Iā€™m grateful for my understanding husband.

9 Likes

I know the both AFā€™s, but didnā€™t know the combination. Never too old to learn :yum:

9 Likes