Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

@Dazercat Yeah! You got the house :tada::clap::+1::notes: I’m already curious for pictures :blush:

Sending healing vibes to all who are in pain and suffering :people_hugging:

Today I’m grateful for SUNDAY. Just sunday. Not grateful for the nightmares but grateful for 8 hours of solid sleep. I’m grateful I felt rested.
I’m grateful morning routines are kicking in one by one.
I’m grateful for a guided meditation to shoo the nightmare anxiety. I’m grateful for service on TV. I’m grateful I set up my meditation & prayer spot today, it looks nice. I’m grateful I can say a prayer each time I need emotional or spiritual support. I’m grateful I did what I can and handed the rest over to the universe today.

I’m grateful the old boy finally pooped, he is constipated. Poor boy miowed in pain. I gave him butter and some paste with vitamins, its texture is quite similar to malt paste. Well, he will turn 18 in may, it’s time for geriatric bowel management. I’m grateful he likes butter, all my cats do. I’m happy he is ok again and purrs on me.

I’m grateful I brought 3 pushcarts with logs to the house. I’m grateful for fire in the woodstove, so cozy. I’m grateful I stored two boxes of books back in the shelves where they belong. Six boxes to go. Fuck my ex and his messing around with my stuff. I’m grateful I could help my niece with her schoolwork. I’m happy she asked me.

I’m grateful for tea, toast and juice in abundance today. Yeay sunday!

I’m deeply grateful I’m back at the farm. It’s so quiet here, I literally can hear my nerves unwinding and my whole self get calm.
Still thinking about the schoolmate I mentioned, I’m grateful I’m free, I don’t hate anybody, I work daily on living a good life and being a responsible, nice, kind, gentle person who uses her brain, gut and heart to navigate life. I’m grateful if that doesn’t work I can be an assholey bitch gold standard. I’m grateful this is rarely necessary. I’m grateful I prefer knitting over pricking.
I’m grateful tomorrow is another day. ODAAT :pray:

17 Likes

I am grateful my training course today was a success. I am grateful for the lovely people on that course and the trainer, I’ve done quite a few training courses over the years with that trainer, and she is always brilliant. I am grateful we covered everything on that course in good time and got to go home two hours earlier than scheduled.

I am grateful that I got to lounge on the sofe two more hours. I am grateful my meditation is slowly making me feel better. I am grateful that despite being unwell and exhausted I found enough energy for the training. And not just managed sitting through it, but actively enjoyed it.

I am grateful for take away food tonight. I am grateful it’s half term next week, so I get to sleep in, too. I am grateful I can take some time next week to recover fully. I am grateful I don’t feel the need to be perfect. I am grateful I can allow myself to be unwell and just do the bare minimum around the house without feeling inadequate or guilty.

I am grateful for my family and my sober future with them
:squid:

16 Likes

I’m like Lisa who?
I get it now.
Do you know any hairdressers? Not for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
For wifey.

Thanks @erntedank we are just in the contract phase. But I don’t see why we wouldn’t get it. See how the inspections go.

Thank you Tiffany
@tifflynn07
I can’t wait to be Pop Pop only 15 minutes away from Gus. First time in many years since we have lived near any family. I’m grateful for your support and gratitude and I still smile thinking about those Cheerios. Love it :heart_eyes:

I’m grateful to be moving back to Cali. We had a place in Santa Monica not too long ago Davina @Davina_Davis if we had only known my daughter was going to get pregnant we probably wouldn’t have moved. They had given up on trying. Little Gus is kind of a miracle. And I lived in Texas for a long time. I’ve done those ten hours and you’re still in Texas :joy: I’m grateful you are here too. You and Tiffany’s gratitude is a nice B12 shot of new blood on this thread along with some of the others new people that help me get through the day.

Y’all are very much appreciated here.

And thanks Jazzy. @JazzyS I already know where my Chemex and Bean grinder and coffee paraphernalia are going to live in the kitchen. In front of the window where there is no cabinet overhang :coffee::coffee::coffee: can’t wait for that first brew.

I hope your on the mend @Lisa07
Especially your daughter.
:pray:t2::heart:

12 Likes

Yes, I’m feeling better than I was this morning and I actually have a small appetite. My daughter is sleeping heavy and I don’t dare disturb her. The poor baby was up coughing most of the night. grateful daddy came to her aide with medicine while I slept like a rock. Thank you for thinking about us! :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Today I am grateful for a clean house and freshly washed throw blankets.

I’m grateful for my hilariously sarcastic kiddos.

I am grateful for a relaxing day leading into the work week.

I’m grateful for my husband, for always being my ride or die and soul mate. I’m grateful for almost 15 years of growth and ups and downs.

I am so grateful for my mom, who has always been a loving and supportive role model. I know not everyone had or has that, and I don’t outwardly express it enough, how lucky I was to be raised by such a wonderful person.

I’m grateful that at least once a month my emotional side comes out, which must be today, and I can really dig into how grateful I should always be.

Back to my normal hot mess express self tomorrow.

18 Likes

I’m grateful there’s so much gratitude on here I can’t keep up! I’m grateful
I got pulled into this thread and practice some way long time ago. I’m grateful for everyone who’s breathing new grateful life into it every day. The wheel keeps turning!

I’m grateful for the work travel and meetings last week. I’m grateful for visits with my Mom and learning to accept what is. I’m grateful for taking time to enjoy the city while I’m here - for delicious sushi, bookstores, live beautiful music with a dear pal, walks, coffee. I’m grateful to see my Sangha at an in-person recovery dharma meeting tonight. Whenever I’m able to be there in person it’s a hugfest. :relieved:

I’m grateful I don’t take my recovery for granted - at least I don’t think I do. I think I’m even grateful for cravings? Pretty strong hints that I’m trying to escape reality. I’m grateful for “name it to tame it”, and for learning to lean into my emotions. Turns out it works a whole lot better than fighting and running from 'em.

I’m grateful I’m pre-packed for tomorrow’s travel home. I’m grateful the prospect of airport mimosas holds no appeal. Fuck that. (Yep Daze, I know, ka-ching! :jar: :dollar: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

I’m grateful for all of you. The support I get from just knowing this place is here is huge.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

18 Likes

Today I am grateful for a productive sunday. Day didn’t go as plan but that’s OK, I am just glad I spent it with loved ones. I am grateful for our finances and doing a little online shopping today. I am grateful I got time to play with my two year old and managed to do some deep cleaning while the baby napped. I am grateful for the family dinner tonight (I had been craving Mexican food all week :yum:) I am most grateful for my health and feeling well (seems like a cold/virus is going around the house again) I am so grateful for these late night baby snuggles. Lastly, I am grateful for my sobriety.
-Had a craving today and all I kept thinking was of someone advice in a different thread “I never regret not drinking.” Thought of that when I had the urge, that helped and instead I had a cup of coffee😊

ODAAT :black_heart: Thank you God, I am blessed!

18 Likes

Late night gratitude
Grateful for dinners at work
Grateful for the crew I work with and the positive environment and dynamic that we have at work.
Grateful its been quiet and I’m able to catch some sleep at work when we can.
Grateful for my health, and the improvements im making to it.
Grateful for another day hangover free and sober

16 Likes

I am grateful for a nice long walk along the river, with a ray of sunshine here and there. I am grateful to see my dog being so crazy happy off leash.

I am grateful for coffee and freshly baked bread in the morning.

I am grateful for the good time with friends yesterday. I am grateful for ginger tea, blue cheese, dried meat, Indian food and AF Carlsberg. (Carlsberg is by far the best AF beer!) I am grateful for noticing when I get tired and I love my new bedtime routine.

I am grateful I can plan my own work days so I can join my dad to the hospital tomorrow. I’ll visit my aunt in the elderly home too. I am grateful I’ve had her in my life as a kid, she was so much fun to be around. She has dementia now, just like my mom, and I’m sad to see her this way. But I can look back on so many beautiful moments with her. She, my uncle and my grandma were safe havens during my childhood, I’ll be forever grateful for that.

I am grateful for taking care of myself. Putting my recovery first. Having boundaries. Go to bed earlier. Leave social events when I want/need to.
I am grateful I declined an invitation for a fancy party next week as it starts at 9pm, way too late for me. Old me would get exited about the free alcohol, but the new me gets exited about proper sleep. I am grateful for no more FOMO.

I am grateful for the conversation with a friend about alcohol yesterday. She is a moderate drinker and explaining to her why some can’t have ‘only one’ was always like speaking Arabic to her. But this time I can tell she took an effort in trying to understand it and she was really respectful. I explained that the first drink is the key to Pandora’s box in my brain. After it’s opened there’s no turning back. She said it’s like opening a bag of candy, impossible for her to only have one. I also told her without alcohol my anxiety is almost non-existing, that alone is worth not drinking.
I am grateful I didn’t feel like an alien this time trying to explain myself. I feel like she understood me and won’t ask me to have ‘only one’ glass of wine anymore.

I am grateful to be sober and recovering from the years of self destruction.

13 Likes

I love to read you have such a beautiful bond with your mom, Tiffany! I also read it in Jasmine’s posts.
Although I haven’t had a good childhood, I see my parents as victims of the cult I grew up in and I forgave them. We are miles apart from how we see the world, but I’m grateful I decided to leave the past behind and am now having a good relationship with them :pray:

11 Likes

Morning sober fam,

Im greatful for…

My eyes are open and i finally got moving today
Sunshine
Family time last night
Allowing myself to induldge in chocolates, feelin icky, then resolving to not over induldge again soon
A productive weekend
Naps
A new week full of opportunity
Boscoe cuddles
Hope
Hot Coffee

13 Likes

I’m grateful for my meme therapy fuck it attitude this morning. Humor laughter :joy: and Al Buddy is lighting up Twitter. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m grateful I got to get off my ass and walk the dog and I haven’t done much yet this morning. I’m grateful my morning routine of recovery readings and devotionals has been fucked in the morning. Maybe it’s because I’m going to so many meetings these days. I’m grateful those meetings fill my spiritual tank. I’m grateful I heard meetings have a shelf life of 24 hours. Sounds about right.

I’m grateful for the new bag of Italian roast and I too stuck my schnoz right in there to get a gorgeous smell of gods beans. :beans: I’m grateful I brewed a fantastic strong pot this morning. Grateful for my Chemex coffee carafe cleaner I used this morning after my brew works. I got a nice clean sparkling carafe for tomorrow.

Y’all have a grateful day! Ya hear! :sunglasses:

:pray:t2::heart:

This one made me think of you M
@M-be-free49 bet you can’t wait to get out there. Couple more months hey :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Grateful you found us, @PeteM !! ODAAT :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Welcome Pete.
I’m grateful you found us.
Not my first day. But I’ll take one day right with you :pray:t2::heart:
ODAAT.

6 Likes

I’m grateful I made two months of no caffeine before I unceremoniously gave back in. :laughing: I’ve been doing research on different “nootropics” (basically a group of herbal supplements which are supposed to improve thinking, learning, and memory), and I have tried a couple. I’m grateful that I have done so much personal work that I could observe my addictive patterns kicking in, though this is what ultimately lead to my breakdown of will with caffeine.

It reminds me of the back and forth, on and off, pattern of trying to quit the addictions of my past. While this is “just caffeine”, it is the same pattern, and there are some similar underlying reasons–though the constant exhaustion of not being able to properly sleep was a big reason for the step backward to the cycle of “caffeine and OTC sleep aids”.

And in this, I am grateful that I see everything in life as a learning opportunity and a way to better understand myself.

15 Likes

Today I’m grateful for adulting. I’m grateful I slept in as it was late yesterday and the obviously daily nightmare ennervated me when the alarm went off. I rolled around and was grateful for 1,5 h more sleep.

I’m grateful I’ve done unloved work: vacuumed, put down and stored the artifical christmas tree, heated the house, started to rearrange the christmas decoration storage (boy will this take time), did laundry, watered the plants, eliminated the cobwebs.

I’m grateful that I cried over a painful realization that hit me out of the blue. I’m grateful I did what I can today and hand everything else over to the universe.

I’m grateful I took good care of myself today. I’m grateful I rested and napped when I needed it. I’m grateful the cats are feeling at home again and settled in quickly. I’m grateful I take it one day at a time and forbid myself any hope or thought about the future. What will be will be, it’s out of my control. So I do what I can control and enjoy every day.

I’m grateful for the peace I feel here at the farmhouse. Everything feels light, even a heavy heart feels lighter than elsewhere. I’m grateful I’m tired and will be in bed soon. ODAAT :pray:

12 Likes

First of all I am very grateful I‘ve had now about a week of good sleep every single night. That feels so gooood!

I am grateful for having the flat for myself today so I could burry myself in work. I am grateful for finishing the last game in the ongoing project and being on my way to finalise the whole thing. It‘s starting to feel like a nice package, ready to take off.

I am grateful for the fun I had at school, the nice walk I took afterwards. For Yin Yoga, a surprise visit from my in-laws and the great stories my child shared with my today.

I am grateful for learning how to stay with my emotions and how to never leave my side. I really love this concept.

I am sleepy now. I‘m grateful for the time to do some stretching before bed.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

16 Likes

I am grateful for the end of an easy and relaxed day. I am grateful for the heated blanket warming up my bed. I am grateful for new toothpaste. I am grateful for cuddles with my other half and listening to an audiobook nearly every night.

I am grateful for all the just-for-fun posts on here. They really elevate this forum into this brilliant well rounded community that proofs sobriety doesn’t have to be dull and/or boring.
:squid:

16 Likes

Today, I am grateful for blankets and mini heaters in my office to keep me warm since the centralized heating/air system is apparently on its last leg.

I’m grateful to live five minutes from work so that I was able to go home, have lunch and goof off with my kids on their day off from school.

I am grateful for an easy day and how fast it has flown by.

I’m grateful for having goals set in place and rewards waiting for me at the end of them. (Like eating a set amount of calories every day in February, but already having a cheat day planned for March 2nd at my favorite restaurant.)

It’s a great day to be grateful, y’all :heart_hands:

15 Likes

I love this for you. Every part of it. It’s funny how taking care of ourselves and setting boundaries can make such an insane difference. You hear people talk about it, but you don’t know til you know. :black_heart::heart_hands:

7 Likes