Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Grateful for another sober day.
I’m grateful my partner said he was thinking about wine, he didn’t go and buy any which is good progress. Then we watched a film and he said there is alcohol in nearly every scene in this film, I hadn’t noticed but a while ago I definitely would have done, I’m grateful he’s aware of his feelings and working on his relationship with alcohol - he’s doing ok.
Grateful for taking it easy today, a few jobs, dropped my son off, not much else.
Grateful to be sober, a non drinker, tee total.
I’m grateful to read the Yesterday Man story on TS, grateful for looking out for Tomorrow Man :sparkling_heart:

19 Likes

Oh Maxine you have been missed my friend. So good to see you on the gratitude thread. I am so very sorry for the loss. RIP Riley :heart: :pray:

I did enjoy seeing all the pictures of your fur babies on the pet thread - thank you for sharing :hugs:

BTW 33 dyas is fantastic love-- keep those days stacking up :muscle:

9 Likes

Welcome to the community Jeremy ! My absolute favorite thread here - I do hope to see you around :hugs:

8 Likes

I am grateful it’s the weekend. I am grateful that I’m sober & that I’m choosing to be sober every day. I am grateful that I’ve found so many resources to help with my sobriety. I grateful that I found the courage to ask for help with my addiction. I’m grateful for my therapist. I’m grateful for the love, compassion and understanding I’ve received from my friends & family during our conversations about my alcoholism. I am grateful that I’m joining in on a push up challenge for February (my muscles are not grateful just yet, they will be) I’m grateful for my warm, comfy bed. Good night all 🩷

20 Likes

I’m grateful that I’m slowly recovering from my second sickness bout of the season. Once isnt unusual, but twice in a season is much more rare. I’m grateful I understand that its just that kind of year and taking it one day at a time.

16 Likes

Thank you @JazzyS I’ll be around for sure.

8 Likes

Im grateful for day 4 of sobriety, which was quite easier than day 3. :blush:

I’m grateful for early morning runs with my partner. We’d usually be hungover in the bed but instead we went for coffee and pastries and a trip to the health & wellness store.

Grateful he went to a AA meeting with me and we both committed to doing better for each other and ourselves.

Grateful for this community and reading the positive side effects of sobriety for us all.

21 Likes

I’m grateful for my sobriety, one day at a time.
I’m grateful for my pets.
I’m grateful for having threads on TS to read. I hope I’ll be back posting more soon.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

20 Likes

I am grateful that my landlord came over today and we had a chat about my current position.
She has a history of unpleasant VA physical experiences and understands my accident more than I’d agreed with.
I am grateful for this house, this forest, this acreage.
I am grateful I will find a way to keep it going. I am grateful for a community garden we plan on installing this Spring and I miss my chickens.
I am super grateful for my online meeting club. The shares there matter. I used to share so much more and am working on it.
I am grateful for a cat that is not mine, and really doesn’t even know she’s a cat, among a human.
I am grateful for my overcooked veggie soup. I am grateful for my intent to do more, more skill and movement. Though I spend much time alone, it is no reason to slack with my house.
I am grateful to accept that I cannot currently move big things on my own, knowing my accident’s ownership. Slight things bring bigger things, with healthy choices and right decisions.

Grateful for all of you.

20 Likes

Grateful to be 4 months sober today. As well as spending the day with 4 of best Actresses in the world at WentworthCon

18 Likes

Congratulations with the 4 months Michelle! :facepunch:

5 Likes

I’m gratefull for adding another sober birthday yesterday. Didn’t do much to celebrate it, prosponed it to next wednesday because of my childrens jobs during weekends.
Grateful for all the family, friends and other people who took the time to send me a message because of it.
Also gratefull for the box of chocolat and the cheesecake hubby bought for me (but regretting I ate that much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
Gratefull for “just another day” and having the time and space to fill it in the way I want it to.
Sober and easy.
A perfect sunday :pray:

19 Likes

I am grateful for waking up at 6 this Sunday morning. I love getting up before sunrise, but I still struggle to go to bed early so I’m pretty tired. It’s a process.

I am grateful I now know to leave in my hair dye a bit longer to not end up with orange hair. (It’s just blond, nothing exciting @JazzyS ;))
I am grateful for fresh bed linen and the new strelitzia in my bedroom. It gives me jungle vibes.
I am grateful for another day without any have-to’s. Might even have a power nap later.
Grateful for the paw on my arm as I am writing this with one hand :paw_prints:
I am grateful we are moving towards spring :seedling: :sun_with_face:
I am grateful to be on the path to recovery and for being able to share our journeys here together with you. I’m also grateful for all the inspirational videos and information available on the interwebs.

@Michelle Congrats on the 4 months, that’s amazing! :tada:
@SoberWalker congrats on another milestone, how many days? I’m bad at calculating :wink:

15 Likes

Not a milestone: my birthday :rofl: But that’s also a milestone isn’t it: 56 years :confetti_ball:

10 Likes

:laughing::laughing: In that case: happy sober birthday young lady!! :tada::tada:

9 Likes

Can you please repeat that for a few times :rofl::hugs:
Young lady…well I feel young.

8 Likes

It’s so weird to see old family pictures of women, they look so old at 40 even. You’re looking good girl! I also think it has to do with being young at heart. Keep that up! :100:

9 Likes

I’m Grateful I had a look at this thread.
I love the positvity in here. I think I’ll be back regularly

I’m grateful for days spent with my family, despite how tired I feel.

14 Likes

Yes, I was always scared to become a lady with blue grey curled permanent hair in flowered dress with a belt and comfy shoes :blush:
It seems like every woman above 60 looked like that :hugs:
Later in life I met an 80+ lady with Nike sneakers and decided to be like her when old.
Grateful that I look how I look these days :grin:
And thank you Naomi! :pray:

11 Likes

This thread is my favourite! I never expected that starting the day with gratitude has such an impact on the rest of my day and my way of thinking. I can wholeheartedly recommend joining us here Marty!

8 Likes