Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Today I’m very grateful for
This app & TikTok, it has gave me so many great people in my life that has helped me & motivate me in so many different ways.
I’m also grateful for the good Lord up above, for just giving me another chance at life.
I’m grateful to be able to get a job.
I’m grateful for being able to have my Medicaid because I wouldn’t have ever found out the information I found out. Which is I got cervical cancer.
I’m grateful to be able to have got my appointment scheduled for December 22. (Even though I got discouraged because its so far away I am grateful I’m still even able to get an appointment)

9 Likes

I’m grateful for this beautiful morning I can sit out on my patio with my coffee. I’m grateful I can take my cat Lola out in the yard and she just sits and stares at the wonders around her. I honestly thought by the way she acts inside sometimes that she would be crazy outside and try to escape but she rarely leaves this cement block even though she has a line to run along on. It’s sooooooo cute the way she is mesmerized by everything around her.
I’m m thankful for a new day. I’m thankful for reading everyone’s posts. I’m Thankful I have a long weekend!

I’m grateful that Charlie decided to join us in the sunshine!

11 Likes

Good morning fam-dam.

I am grateful that I quit smoking 17 years ago COVID must suck for smokers.
I am grateful for the reminder of smoking certain drugs and how they made my lungs ache. It’s been 20 + years since I have done those drugs I had forgotten the feeling. I am grateful I got COVID.
I am grateful to have made it to watch the sunrise this morning. I am feeling like shit but I know what I need to do to keep my spirit alive. Grateful for the herons who entertained me while the sun played shy.
I am grateful for self awareness and the knowledge I have of addiction. I know what is happening in my head as my thoughts start to become negative and self defeating. I can sit back and watch like a spectator at a boxing match or a parent watching their toddler have a fit. I am grateful that I know why my addict is bucking; disconnection and isolation are their two favorite things. I can see my addict fighting to surface and grab at silly stuff while my wisdom keeps me calm.
I am grateful for meditation, books and silence.

11 Likes

I’m grateful I joined a race with my entire family today. It was so special to share with them something I love, and hopefully inspire good, healthy choices for my boys as they grow.

I’m grateful today’s race was also a celebration (for me) of 5 months since I stopped drinking. So much has happened in these past 5 months, so much has changed. And I’ve been better able to handle the changes, good, bad and in between.

I’m in awe of how much better I’m tuned into everything. It’s like I used to listen to muffled music through the neighbors’ walls and now I can hear and see a full orchestra right in front of me.

There are times when the instruments are being tuned, there are quiet moments, there are loud, startling ones, soft, intense, there are pauses, and there are emotional crescendos that lead to tears of sadness or joy. All of it is incredible.

I’m grateful I can be part of it all again.

Is it painful, boring, mundane, aggravating, maddening, heartbreaking sometimes? Yes.

Is it worth it, to go through all that, in order to feel the joy, calmness, passion, tenderness, exhilaration, and love too? YES.

Much, much love to you all. Thank you for keeping me company these past 5 months and keeping me strong on my sobriety. You are amazing! :heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 months Anna.

I loved your share. Especially about us instruments being tuned. Seeing the full orchestra right in front of us. Beautiful.
Keep up the great work.
I’m grateful you are here with us.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

8 Likes

I had to look up anthocyanins so first off grateful that Google makes it so much easier than flipping through an encyclopedia! Lotta benefits eating foods with those flavonoids. Purple power💜. Grateful for a twenty-seven minute meditation with Ram Dass. Grateful for the immediate benefits I feel. Grateful for a tomato and basil quinoa salad at the Biscuit,so tasty. Grateful my friend Jack came in,instant connection with him(also in recovery). Grateful God put him in my path. Grateful for the love I’m receiving from my cat Indigo. Grateful for my music collection. Always deeply grateful for this community.

God Guru and Self Are One

7 Likes

I am grateful this day is over.
I am grateful when tomorrow will be over.
I will be grateful when Tuesday will be over.
I am grateful I don’t drink.
I am grateful this this house community is very friendly. It was too much for me. They are having a summer bbq tonight but I am just done. In addition, there is a lot of booze around and I really don’t feel comfortable with this tonight. Maybe it’s because I am rarely in settings with many people. I went there and had a warm welcome but had to leave as the company wasn’t done with the moving.
I am grateful I have a bed. I am grateful I was motivated to go and get some crap food.
I am grateful to be sober.

12 Likes

Today I’m grateful for getting to sleep
In. Grateful for getting to watch my daughter play soccer this morning and grateful for my hair dresser who got rid of my grays

10 Likes

Congratulations on 5 months of sobriety!

5 Likes

Five months! :muscle:Awesome!

6 Likes

Hey sober fam,

So much to be greatful for today.

Im greatful for my sobriety, 124 days
Im greatful to celebrate my first sober birthday camping, 35yo yall
Im greatful we had a smooth 6hr car ride to the middle of nowhere to camp
Im greatful hubby and i put together camp with limited bickering
Im greatful for the birthday wishes
Im greatful were kayaking tomorrow
Im greatful that even though theres a burn ban the marina had a griddle we could buy so we can eat this weekend
Im greatful for the quiet, water crashing, wind blowing, and sun shining day
So very greatful my alcoholic aunt is still alcohol free.
Hoping to see some shooting stars tonight.
Love you all

11 Likes

Happy Birthday

3 Likes

Happy birthday and congratulations on staying sober! What a lot to celebrate :clap::clap:

4 Likes

I’m grateful I’m 20 days sober again (the again was for you @Shaunda :rofl: Hoping to make you smile :hugs:)
I’m grateful I woke up early and was more productive at work today than Thursday.
I’m grateful for all the wonderful friends here who reached out when I was having a difficult day.
I’m grateful it’s a 3 day weekend even though I will probably need to work a little, it will help me for Tuesday.
I’m grateful for Riley’s vet appointment tomorrow, I’m praying anything she has is treatable. :pray:
I’m grateful for Max and Riley laying next to me, Riley’s paws are tucked under his chin. :dog::smiley_cat:
I’m grateful I’m getting tired so I can try and get some sleep.
I’m grateful Max is already down for the night.
I’m grateful for this thread.
Enjoy your weekend everyone. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Hahaha im grateful for you Maxine! I needed that laugh tonight!
Im grateful for the member at AA that nailed me when i said im 98 days sober “again” tonight. :sweat_smile: that will ( maybe) teach me to keep my yapper shut. I doubt it. :crazy_face:
Im always grateful to read your shares. I find mich comfort in them.
Im grateful tonight i can sit in my feelings and i know its nothing a drink or a drug will make better.
Im grateful for learning the value of surrender, and surrendering again, and again and again and so on as many times as it takes.
Im grateful for all of your shares. I cant tell you how many times i open this app just to read this thread for some uplifting. Thank you!

8 Likes

Have a Fantastic time camping this weekend! :tent::skunk::bird:Enjoy your AF Birthday! :birthday:

2 Likes

I’m grateful for you, and both you and your daughter are in my prayers tonight. :pray: :heart:

3 Likes

Happy first sober birthday CJ
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations! 20 days is amazing :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Grateful that my hubby and I agreed on a way to clean the house of things we don’t need anymore or will not need for a while.

Grateful that I can start making small steps and those will hopefully add up.

Grateful that this will help us prepare either for a big move or to have a better, cleaner space by Jan.

Grateful that this helps keep my heart calm when overwhelming thoughts come breaking in. They come often, and I’m grateful I don’t need a drink anymore to “relax” or “manage stress”.

Grateful my kids are safe.

Grateful for our good health.

Grateful it’s Saturday.

Grateful for pizza leftovers.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone :heart:

PS: Happy birthday @Cjp ! :birthday::gift::tada:

PS2: Thank you @Dazercat @Bootz @Shaunda @JasonFisher and everyone else :heart: This thread and the TS community has been one of the major things that really made a difference in my sobriety this time around. I’m hoping to keep it up, one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

9 Likes