Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Congratulations @Callie99 I am so grateful that you made the choice to quit drinking… I know it had it’s hard uncomfortable moments for you, but you hung in there and have been on this amazing, wonderful journey. You have learned so much… about life and yourself. I know you will be forever grateful that you quit drinking… I am so proud of you! Celebrating with you… Big hugs, lots of love xoxo

s-l400

11 Likes

Morning,
I’m grateful for @mamador 's gratitude this morning, the part about friends made me think, thank you.
I’m grateful that I’ve got a job and can make extra money here and there. Things are getting pretty tricky, it’s going to be a juggling act soon with the cost of just existing, not even the extras, just paying the basic bills. There are 5 adults in our house, I’m grateful that we all contribute.
I’m grateful to have had a nice early dog walk in the morning sun.
I’m grateful for everyone here :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I am grateful for essential oils. The came this morning at 8 to clear the apartment of the dead neighbor and the smell is really overwhelmingly disgusting. Keeping all windows closed.

I am grateful I don’t have a job like this.
I am grateful someone does this.

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I have some friend. Some people I actually can call friends.

I am grateful for the coaching I had yesterday. I finished the air element. I think I’ll start with the last part of this part today. I asked my coach to set up a test for yoga philosophy and history otherwise it won’t happen. She liked the idea.
I am grateful for a cleaning shower.

14 Likes

This morning I am grateful for a restful night of sleep and for my son being back home for the week. I’m grateful for all of our animals and their cuddles. I am grateful for a lack of a hangover today, the $ I didn’t spend on alcohol and for online meetings that I can access anytime I need to. I am grateful for the Living Sober book. I am grateful for the time I’ll be able to spend this weekend with a couple of friends and their kids, with my Mom and with my son. Wishing everyone a lovely Saturday.

13 Likes

I’m grateful today is my 3 month sobriety birthday :birthday: last time I drank was may 26th. The last couple of weeks were hot and cold as far as the wanting of sobriety and I am grateful the willingness never left me. Im grateful for my tool box I can dig into to help me through not only difficult times, but times I just don’t care if im sober or not. Im grateful for this gratitude list, not only can I post my gratitude but I can process a bit behind it. Im grateful for all of your shares as they inspire me daily.
Im grateful for my quiet time this morning for readings and meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:
Have a wonderful day out the friends.

13 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for @Shaunda ’s 3 months, @Callie99 ’s 11 months, and any other milestones I may have missed! I’m grateful I got to see the sky change colors with the sunrise. I’m grateful my son came to sit on the porch swing and watch it with me. I’m grateful that today we will celebrate Granny’s 90th birthday with a Hawaiian themed dinner. This week was incredibly hectic so while I had plans to make some desserts, I will just buy them instead and take the stress of trying to get everything done off me. I’m grateful for my home and my family.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for plans that don’t go as planned.

I’m grateful for this daily practice of gratitude, which makes me see the other side of things when nothing goes as planned.

I look carefully to see what else can be done if plan A is no longer an option.

I always learn something new.

Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it can make me smile.

Sometimes a cancelled plan is an open possibility.

I’m grateful I can have the patience to not only see the silverlining, but to see the sunshine that will come after an unexpected storm. And grateful to appreciate the storm for what it is.

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone. Rain, sunshine or clouds!

PS: @Shaunda congratulations on your 3 months! So happy to be with you in this journey :heart::heart::heart:

@Callie99 wow! 11 months is amazing and your words are inspiring! thank you for sharing with us! :heart::heart::heart:

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im greatful for

My sobriety, 118 days free from weed and alcohol
Hubby just has a mild case of covid
Phones so we can text and call eachother while hes quarantined
Boscoe cuddles
This forum that keeps me going

16 Likes

I’m grateful each day is a new beginning. I read this many times and kind of take it for granted.
I’m grateful to be up early with my hot tea now, and the first morning fire of the season. And broke out the yellow beanie :yellow_heart: No one on my lap :slightly_smiling_face: grateful I can get up when I like.

I’m grateful I can trim the cats nails anytime because I don’t drink. I’m grateful I trimmed Maverick’s nails yesterday as he was tamping on my face at 1:30 am. :scream_cat: I’m grateful Alice came to see me in the middle of the night with purrs and tamping too, since I step on her last night and I felt horrible and we couldn’t make up before bed.

I’m grateful my sump pump is going off. :blush::grimacing:

I’m grateful for a fun, uneventful day with my wife yesterday. We kept thinking it’s Saturday. We got a lot done around the house yesterday. We had a fun dinner out with the worst service ever and just laughed about it. At least they were busy. I’m grateful our waitress wasn’t very efficient but she was swamped and seem like the only person out of the lot that was working. As an old restaurant pro I noticed too much going out to eat. I was grateful to notice she never once stopped smiling. My golden rule in the restaurant business. Never let them see you sweat!

I’m grateful I got my Pilates workout at 10 today at my trainers studio instead of the usual rec center where she works.

I’m grateful Minnie came by for a pet.
I’m grateful for my unforced charming attitude :joy: with my wife the past few mornings. I’m grateful I can do a little gratitude. Talk a little to her. Do a little more gratitude. Do a little more talking. I’m grateful I’m multitasking. I’m grateful I’ve always been great at multitasking. I’m grateful she just realized I have the fire place on and we laughed. I’m grateful for the little things.
I’m grateful I can’t live in the wreckage of the future.
I’m grateful action over time helps.
I’m grateful her “regular,” amount of drinking doesn’t effect my happiness. Neither should her excessive amount but I don’t have to work on that currently.

I’m grateful for Shaunda’s thread about wildlife.
I’m grateful for music and nature and how I was just pondering :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (I don’t ponder 🫢 very unlike me) just pondering which one is greater? I’m grateful I have my God and 2 other super higher powers in music and nature. How fucking cool is that!!!
I’m grateful for my blessings. Each and every one of them. And you! Ya you! Where the fuck are ya Brian? We need you back on this wall. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:pray:t2::evergreen_tree::notes::mountain_snow::musical_note::yellow_heart:

Gratitude is a conscious shift in perspective that changes your brain and life for the better. Plus, it just makes life sunnier and everything better! :slightly_smiling_face:

Elle

16 Likes

First and foremost I am grateful every time I read your share(s). Thank you for inspiring me to keep it going. This mornimg I woke up in gratitude. Honestly that’s how each day starts. When He wakes me I know how blessed I am to still be in my current incarnation. Eating 1000 mgs of morphine trying to end myself has served to get me closer to God. He intervened . But enough of that,in a permanent way. This morning I am grateful for the distant thunder and lightening while I floated in the Gulf like shark bait. Grateful for my Sangha. Recovery Dharma is something I look forward to every day. Grateful for Sage Biscuit and vegan breakfast. Yum. Grateful for Alobar and Indigo my lovin’ cats. Not sure mere words can convey how incredibly grateful I am for the love and support I am receiving in my revovery journey. Hope all have a day filled with joy and laughter and peace.:v::pray:t2:

14 Likes

Hugs lady :heart: :hugs:

10 Likes

Good Morning All,
I’m grateful I woke up by Riley’s non stop bopping on my head.:smiley_cat:

I’m grateful for Max sleeping next to me in his Batman Tshirt. I accidentally scratched one of his sores open.:flushed: I’m grateful he loves me unconditionally. :dog:

I’m grateful for my home and the quiet dead end street I live on.

I’m grateful I don’t have anything I have to do today, but I do have some things I want to do. I’m grateful I give myself a break if I don’t finish everything.

I’m grateful for my 9 plants, they bring me joy. I started my sober journey with 2. My Croton is probably not as happy with me, but I’m trying.🪴

I’m grateful I’m on Day 14! It’s the 3rd time I’ve made it to 2 weeks or more. I’m grateful I don’t give up on myself and I keep trying.

I’m grateful I have faith in God and know that we’re all created special. :pray:

I’m grateful for everyone on this forum, everyone that has left and everyone that has stepped back or slipped. We are all equal here. :heart:

Riley’s vet appointment is next Saturday. I’m getting her used to her crate. I’m grateful she smelled it before she chose her kitty hut. 🛖

I hope everyone has a fantastic day! :star_struck:

16 Likes

This morning I’m grateful for the bit of anxiety I’m not sure why I’m feeling for I’m positive there’s a lesson attached to the end of it. Grateful it’s attached to the logistics of getting my daughters this morning and the logistics of our weekends together in a house that’s currently so full. Grateful that the source of anxiety is from something positive that will be wonderful instead of one of the sources of anxiety I used to deal with, facing consequences of addiction, guilt of NOT being there for my kids, etc. Grateful beyond measure for the gratitude training for my brain that I can see this positivity in my now dwindling anxiety. Gratitude does such a wonderful job putting things in perspective.
Grateful i just found out there’s a car show in Everett today. My youngest is gonna be so happy!
Grateful for the rain this morning. It is a nice break from the scorching heat we’ve had. Even more grateful to know the heat will return next week. :grin:
I’ll have my hands full trying to be grateful for the rain once Seattle’s rainy season is actually upon us. Hahahaha. :flushed:
Grateful to be in recovery, like, for real. Grateful for the easily solved (generally) problems that come up when I’m doing the right thing, consistently. Grateful I no longer have the consequences of doing shitty things. Grateful I’m no longer doing shitty things!!! Grateful for a life that is reflecting the effort I’m putting in.
And there it is, the relief and peace I get when I’ve found, really found my gratitude for the day. So grateful for this thread. It has literally transformed my mental health. Thanks to all of you for suiting and showing up. :hibiscus:

12 Likes

Congrats on 2 weeks @maxwell

7 Likes

@maxwell HAPPY TWO WEEKS to you!!

@Shaunda HAPPY 3 MONTHS!

@Callie99 Congrats on 11 months, thanks for inspiring me!

@Soberbilly once more congrats on 4 months!

Killin it! :tada::partying_face:

9 Likes

Congratulations on your 2 weeks Maxi.
I’m so grateful you’re with us.

I should have asked sooner. But did you, or can you get Riley on a cancellation list at your vet. I call every morning at 8 for Benson on time for same day cancellation and on the 3 day I was grateful I did because we got one.
Well played on having the crate out early.
:pray:t2::blue_heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations on 2 weeks! I tell everyone at the meetings not to say “again” or take away from their sobriety. Then when I do it they nail me on it too :rofl:
2 weeks is fantastic I dont care how many times it takes you keep at it! I’m so proud of you!!! :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 months sober and hangover free Shanda.
Let’s get him on your wildlife thread :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know milestone malady fucked with my head at 3 months. And other milestones. 6 months. My worst was 300 days. Even when I knew it was happening it would fuck me over mentally. I’m grateful you’re here and hopefully an easier week ahead.
:pray:t2::blue_heart:

8 Likes

Hello all! Today I am grateful I’m sitting at an IHOP’s parking lot waiting for my food to be ready. I’m able to splurge a bit and buy my parents food. I am grateful I’m not spending so much money at bars. Taking better care of my finances. I am grateful all around for being sober and living the best life I can live. :blush:

14 Likes

Thank you Shaunda!! :hugs:

I had to look back and see if I said again. I didn’t, but I did say 3rd time. :relaxed:

I no longer beat myself up if I slip, and I don’t feel guilty. I look at it this way: I’ve been a hard core, binge drinking, blackout inducing vodka drinker daily for around 12 years straight up until now. I’ve never been able to string more than 3 or 4 days together in all those years. So when I make it 2 weeks, 22 or 44 days (my personal best). I’m super proud of myself. Every day I don’t drink IS a win!:medal_sports:

I used to work with my son to name 5 things in his day that were positive, that’s why I love the gratitude thread so much. It makes you realize there’s always good if you don’t dwell on the mistakes.:star_struck:

10 Likes