Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Today I’m grateful for another night with 8 hours of undisturbed sleep. The blessing of sleeping alone: nobody snorring. I wonder what the cats do, grateful they didn’t wake me up. Grateful I did the weekly shopping/errands routine. Grateful I decided to shift one errand into next week because I was tired and hungry already and the mass of people being on the move today :grimacing: brrrr, too much people everywhere for me.
Grateful to have a cosy home on this rainy day. Grateful I can spend the rest of the day in bed with a book if I want to. Grateful it’s quiet. I love the silence in the house when you only hear purring cats - and your own joints crackle.

19 Likes

So full of gratitude this morning

• woke up early, with energy, hangover free
  • tea with my mother on our deck
  • 6.5 days without alcohol and weed
  • had money to buy some new fancy teas
  • strawberry buble was on sale and i was able to stock up
  • went to the grocery store and avoided the alcohol section
  • a wonderful home
  • two great job interviews this week
  • a 2013 subaru impreza thats in good shape and keeps us safe
  • my husband didnt die 2 weeks ago in his rollover crash

Life has so many blessings if I open my eyes and get out of bed. Ive lost so much time feeling like shit hungover, depressed, and self loathing

So very greatful for this forum and everyones contributions.

Have a wonderful day ya’ll

22 Likes

I’m grateful for being in a positive mindset today which allowed me to write a letter to myself that acknowledged not only my mistakes but also my achievements over the last couple of years and the support I have now.
It’s been a long time since I had that balance where I can actually feel some pride in myself and the things that I am achieving instead of just the numbness and self loathing that drinking created.

15 Likes

I am grateful to be in a good mental space today that is letting me take care of small tasks: watered plants, did dishes, put up the laundry line and started a load washing.

I am grateful to finally have a date for my knee surgery and to not be putting it off any longer.

I am grateful to have found a therapist that I am comfortable talking to, that I feel seen by, and that sends me follow up emails with resources/homework.

I am grateful for early mornings with sunshine and hot coffee outside.

18 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and ending day 5 with a ‘lazy lasagna casserole’ and a movie.

I am grateful to have the next couple days off to help my parents and also rest.

I am grateful for my naltrexone rx because it helps take drinking off the table.

I am grateful that I feel tired from sober activities. It will feel really good to sleep.

I am grateful to be here with you all. :two_hearts:

18 Likes

Thanks Eric! Glad you are settling into your new place. I Will get more Rubie pics out soon :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I’m grateful to be feeling better.

I’m grateful I slept in and I don’t feel guilty for doing it.

I’m grateful for this delicious cup of coffee.

I’m grateful for all the dank memes to start my day laughing.

I’m grateful it’s nice out today.

I’m grateful for willingness.

I’m grateful to see and feel the difference when I work hard on my recovery.

My tolerance and patience for other is better when I have patience and tolerance for myself.
I’m grateful to realize that this morning.

Sometimes, I share my photos on Facebook. One of my local wood carving, photographer friends always edits my photos and reposts them under mine. Like his version is better. I’m pretty sure he is color blind. Because they look like I would have eaten psychedelic mushrooms to edit that.:rofl: It’s really annoying when he does it. He almost always does it.

I saw him at the grocery store this morning. He starts telling me how I should have photographed a wave I shared like 6 months ago.

I just nodded and smiled. It didn’t even bother me. I’m grateful to be feel more tolerant of others today.

I don’t have to drink to get stuck in negative alcoholic thinking and isolation. It’s alcoholism. Not alcoholwasm. I’m grateful to be out of my funk.

I noticed the wild Rhododendrons are popping up everywhere. They are my favorite! Time to go on a hike/ photography adventure.

I’m grateful!

21 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me stay positive clean and sober just for today. I’m grateful for my recovery with all its challenges and blessings. I’m grateful for All my family, friends,TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful to see scrugs he is adorable and big belated congrats on 600 days @Bootz . I’m grateful to see alice as well and thanks for always being a good support @Dazercat . I’m grateful for the well wishes from you all thanks @Sunflower1 and @Chiron @Mno and others. I’m grateful I feel a tiny bit better today, progress. I’m grateful I slept a whole bunch last night, I have had a hard time staying asleep during these first two and change isolation days. I’m grateful I just ordered in some comfort food, been trying not to. I’m grateful for prayers, daily readings and meditation. I’m grateful for warm coffee and warm showers. I’m grateful for technology that allows connection through voice, text and video. I’m grateful for the twelve steps. I’m grateful for music and creativity. I’m saddened to hear my neice just got covid as well, haven’t seen her since easter but we are going to try playing some video games online together so I am grateful for that part.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are absolutely incredible, smile. Ya you!!

19 Likes

I am grateful for a day to myself, even though I had to be sick to get it. :laughing:

I am grateful that my COVID test was negative this morning and I am hoping it stays that way.

I am grateful for days when everything falls into place, where I can get lots done and be present the whole time.

I am grateful for the connection between my hands and my heart. How my heart can use my hands to speak and my hands can fuel my heart with energy through creating.

I am grateful that I feel more grounded today and my fix was a simple one; music, creativity, and mindfulness.

I am grateful that 861 days ago I found the courage to stand up and find a way out of the chaos.

I am grateful for all of you guys.
:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

20 Likes

I love this about TS and long time members here… I thought of you and Lea when I saw the buds on ours the other day!!!

6 Likes

Thankful that my cat is still functioning well, despite her age, health problems, and her tendency to wake me up at all hours. I wish she’d let me give her sub-q fluids, but the fight isn’t worth her being freaked out all the time.

14 Likes

Morning,
I’m grateful for positivity. I haven’t always been so positive.
I’m grateful for enthusiasm and motivation , I really really love being on this path and am looking forward to what is around the corner.
I’m grateful for memories, good and bad.
I’m grateful for awareness, of who I was and who I’m becoming.
I’m grateful for reading glasses :eyeglasses:

13 Likes

I got over 9 hours sleep last night, wow. :pray::pray:

Grateful for a sober Sunday. Good food, football and only 1 and a half days left at work before camping. Sober of course!

11 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free. Was up at 5am and cleaned the kitchen which feels good.

I am grateful that I will be able to spend more time with Rubie… Rubeanie… the Rubathon (puppy) today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am grateful the cats are getting along with her as well as can be expected.

I am grateful I slept extra last night… 10 hours, to make up for the day before.

I am grateful to be here with all of you. :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful to be up before everyone else and have some quiet and coffee. I’m grateful for the sunshine, and the green trees outside my window. I’m grateful that I feel calm today. I’m grateful for my family and my home.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for my new sleep schedule 10-5:30. Ish.
I’m grateful I like mornings.
I’m grateful I’m probably one of those annoying morning people that most people hate. Minus the conversation. I don’t like to converse early I’m the am.
I’m grateful I get to enjoy life sober and hangover free and full of gratitude, appreciation, and thankfulness. I know there’s a bit of redundancy in there but it’s how I get to feel now.
I’m grateful for my readings this morning. They were spot on.
I’m grateful for my first walk in the new desert hood yesterday. I’m grateful I only walked 15 minutes out and then back. I’m grateful I’m sad I can’t do more longer walks but even more grateful the shorter ones don’t make my body ache.
I’m grateful I stretched in my new workout room after my walk. I’m grateful my wife is letting me have one of the spare bedrooms for my exercise room. I know she’s grateful I’ve agreed to let her have her Peleton in our bedroom and it just so happens it’s on my side of the bed. I’m grateful it’s a big bedroom. I’m grateful we are sleeping in a spare bedroom until our furniture shows up for the master. It’s kind of fun. I’m grateful I don’t care when the master bedroom furniture shows up. We already missed one delivery. I’m grateful for my new house I’m gonna call home. I’m grateful for my saguaro Mountain View at the “Silver Tee,” box.
I’m grateful we had a nice clean carpet for almost 60 hours until Benson Christened it :scream: :poop: I’m grateful we knew he would. I’m grateful it was a big solid :poop: and easy to just pick up. :man_facepalming: I’m grateful it wasn’t one of his record breaking whizzys :scream:
I’m grateful to share my blessings with you all.
:pray:t2::cactus::cactus::purple_heart:

As long as I stay grateful, I’ll stay sober.
Am I in a grateful frame of mind?”

16 Likes

I am relieved, I made it through last night sober. While everyone else was getting hammered. After the initial ‘no’ to the first drink, it wasn’t hard anymore. I just had to stick to not drinking. Well, and maybe hanging out with the kids for a while at the beginning of the night, sipping away on their nonalcoholic fruit punch. Later on no one cared what I was drinking anymore.

A big part of my relief is also due to the fact, that I actually did have a lot of fun, despite staying sober. I think I had forgotten, that fun and joy doesn’t depend on alcohol. I enjoyed talking to my cousins just as much. And it made clear to me, that drinking is never a requirement to feel like I belong with these people. They just like having me around for who I am. I am grateful I got the chance to realize this. Last but not least, I am grateful for waking up hangover free. All that aches and hurts today are my feet from dancing so much.

16 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful my neighbor can watch after Paula and Dora while I’ll be away in 2 weeks.
I am grateful I did a small ride with my bike today. My lungs were burning a bit in the beginning and I am tired now. That’s a good thing.
I am grateful I can talk with my mother. That is indeed a good thing. We had other times.
I am grateful I have enough.
I am grateful for some small talk today.
I am grateful for libraries.

17 Likes

I’m grateful for days filled with laughter, sunshine, and friends. My body is sore from a 6 hour paddle trip yesterday but my heart is full and happy :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I am grateful for life experience and all that I hold.

I am grateful for grace and the chances I am given to practice it.

I am grateful for compassion and that it offers me space to understand other people’s behavior.

I am grateful for curiosity and how it helps me get to the root of things.

I am grateful for the sun, and for the power that it’s energy brings to all things.

I am grateful for homeschooling, teachers, and Autism funding.

I am grateful for my life today.

:orange_heart::dizzy::seedling:

18 Likes