Daily Greeting

What a lovely birthday table :blue_heart::green_heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Morning folks! Day 15 under my belt. It’s still not easy but I’m going to make it. I’m seeing some things that really need to change now that I’m not drunk every evening. The problems in my marriage are still there. The baggage from my past is still heavy. It’s all hitting me hard this morning. But I’m about to go for a run with my dog to start my day so hopefully that’ll get rid of some of the anxiety that’s creeping in. I’m promising myself that I will not drink this weekend. I also finally told my therapist about my drinking last night. I only see her every other week and it’s been two weeks sober so that was my first chance. Totally the right move. She was a huge help. Have a great day everyone!

15 Likes

That bottle opener put up a big ‘W’ last night!!! :sunglasses: Go Eagles. :facepunch:

3 Likes

Congrats on your 15 days! That’s a great accomplishment. And that is the problem of getting sober… all your previous problems are still there. However, being sober allows you to start tackling them one at a time. Making permanent improvements that give real happiness rather than just masking the problems with alcohol. As a good friend of mine says… stay strong, stay the course!

4 Likes

I’m not one to brag but that sounds like my cv… I like people that treat me the same.

4 Likes

Morning everyone!

I think someone left a window open last night…

Ronin has been perched there all morning like he’s king of the world. He probably believes it, too. I’m not worried though. He’ll realize none of his subjects bring him edible offerings, and come back. Plus, he would miss me (though he’ll eat his own hairballs before admitting it).

11 Likes

Ronin is looking great :heart_eyes: :+1::joy:

2 Likes

I notice some messy fur, has he been in a catfight or samurai bootcamp?

3 Likes

He doesn’t seem to worry too much about the height does he. Lounging there like he owns the place!

3 Likes

We already knew that…Happy Birthday to Stella!!!bitmoji-20190927100044

4 Likes

I’m sure the mistakes of the past are a heavy burden for you but it is senseless to continue to carry them around. The best you can do is forgive yourself and move on. Theres nothing that can be done about yesterday but tomorrow has infinite possibilities. So why not make it as good as possible. Congrats on 15 days.

4 Likes

G’day all. Stay strong. Stay the course. bitmoji-20190927101500

7 Likes

I hear you singing that with your boy band

2 Likes

Not sure what he’s been up to… perhaps asserting his rank and territory among the local cat population. Or maybe just spreading his genes…

@anon12657779 Exactly!

1 Like

Little toshiro mifunes all around soon

1 Like

It must be quite disconcerting to the unsuspecting feline to be impregnated by Ronin the great…tenor%20(2)

5 Likes

And now I’ve got “Nothing gonna stop us now” by starship in my head.:joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: Fortunately for other felines, he’s too proud and attention-seeking to be sneaky. You should (not) hear his pickup lines…

3 Likes

Happy that you got infected too. The burden is lighter :laughing:

Yeah, but it’s crap! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like