Daily Greeting

Day 18 and day 2. Got work now, see you all in 10 wonderful hours. What a crap sleep that was.

1 Like

Could be Kairi. Obviously I’m no expert but I would look at this as exactly that.
You are doing great and I would imagine that your family don’t see any of what you are thinking.
Try to turn that thought around and be positive. It’s a good thing you’re procrastinating. Being mindful.
Have a great day.

3 Likes

@keiti darling I rember having exact same feelings last winter. Guilt and willingness to cope it all. Then many people reminded me that sobriety is now prior one, the rest will follow. And it happened. I’m mean I feel much more lighter now and not like I’m a selfish and a bad mom having my own life too. In time you will notice the progress I promise you. Now concentrate on your sobriety and YOU, without care. Remember it’s the greatest gift you can give to your children :heart::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

G’day all. Stay strong. Stay the course.

4 Likes

Kairi, I wish I had a different thought then this but it’s the same for me. I’ve isolated myself from most people except my wife and children. My boys get all of my focus and time and it leaves very little for anything else. I’m fine with it though and I do realize I use the excuse of kids baseball for almost everything I’d rather not be part of, which is just about anything with other people. I’m much more at ease or at peace this way. I dont know if it’ll ever get back to me being mr. social and I’m not sure how I feel about that. So for now it’s just one day at a time…I hope your situation will get better or at least change a bit to make it easier to cope…

4 Likes

Happy earth rotation, my people! Delicious blustery fall day out here!

Waiting in the airport for my bus back. Ronin has run off and found a slick little lookout spot I’m a little jealous of.

Getting foolish ideas to pounce on unsuspecting travellers, though. I’m giving him the “don’t you dare” stare, and so far message received. He knows I can just leave him behind. It’s hard to deliver the stare with a straight face, though, because he gives me this ridiculously sheepish “I know you know what I’m doing but I reeeeallly wanna” look. And my mischievous side kinda wants to see what would happen…

Boarding time though now, sigh. Time to wrestle this stowaway furball into my pack again. Always a fun time…

8 Likes

Well said Chris…same boat over here…

3 Likes

Still loving these James, hilarious! Keep ‘em coming :joy:

6 Likes

A while back, I said something about spamming you all with some snaps of the area I took on the bus.

I want a boat-in cottage right about here.

A pretty live sky that day. I wanted to stop for a picnic on that hill, but alas could not.

This one’s mainly here for the cool red tree. Possibly a mountain pine beetle victim.

I just like trees and cliffs, even blurry ones.

Clouds of mystery… and a friendly little agricutural plot that is totally unconcerned by them. Green green green.

I like the little village near here, but it’s probably more fun as a tourist destination than to actually live in. I don’t farm. But I could totally be a hermit in the forest up on a hill.

Trains! :heart: And obscured land formations that I totally cannot properly show you because of distance and angle.

I just like how the hill here was like “NOPE. No buildings here, or trees. Go around.”

So it begins. Snow. Just a skiff, and up high, but still.

I keep thinking, if I see all this from just a highway through valley bottoms, I really need to get myself to a provincial park and soak in more.

10 Likes

Nice clouds!

1 Like

I did say spam.

But I will leave it at that :smile:

7 Likes

Good day everyone. @ifs love your spamming. I’m sure it’s even more breathtaking in real life than in pics.

4 Likes

Looks lovely :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey miss banana how are you dear??

3 Likes

Hi miss frantastic, Im good just tired all the time. Miss my girls, they ll come back today from their granny. How are you dear???

2 Likes

Glad your good sweetie, hope you are still taking it easy? Hows the no smoking going? (I’m failing miserably :persevere:) bet you cant wait to your mini me’s. All good here sweetie, bit under the weather but battling through- looking for motivation to workout, if you’ve seen any…

3 Likes

Oh darling what’s affecting your mood? Cigs :see_no_evil:
My goals have failed but I’ve made it to cut the daily amount to half… with this odd coloured plaster.

should be adhesive but I was genius to put some oil in my skin :neutral_face:

I think what mostly affected me was how frivolous the doctor was about smoking while radiation. She said no problem, many people smoke through the therapy and I was like nice to know :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Oh nothings just tired I think, boys been poorly a while and he is a little diva when hes Ill!! :rofl::rofl:

That doctors comment wasnt really helpful!!! I’m sure they were just trying to be nice. Well done for cutting in half that’s impressive :blush::blush::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks I’m happy and surprised too.

So is he having a flu or what? Hopefully nothing serious? I think I know the feeling. When I was still drinking and kids were I’ll it was so stressful that I had to drink. I mean how fucked up is that… :flushed:

3 Likes

Oh yeah I’ve been there, I used to need cider to get through most days with my boy and even more so when he was ill. Hes had croup but seems on the mend and I’m still sober so we winning :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes