Daily Greeting

Serenity prayer is great. I’ve needed that a lot and in the beginning of sobriety needed “this too shall pass” many times each day. I still try to do 3 serenity prayers per each morning as Tomi adviced me to do when I was in the middle of my divorce crisis and everything.

2 Likes

Grey, somewhat melancholy, low-key turbulent, contemplative (hence the music choice)

3 Likes

I ve got those books (and couple of others) in Finnish. For @crystalclear I’d suggest the red book i suppose name in English would be “one day at a time”. There is a short text for each day of the year. Every month reflecting twelve steps of the programme.

3 Likes

“this too shall pass”

Be careful. @dot.dot.dot probably has a book for this too :grin:

3 Likes

Is it the weather? I ve noticed that the older I become the more I get affected by it. It’s also descending moon and an astrological phase going on when you should stop, listen and get rest. Slowing down. Easier said than done. Have to listen that song of yours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like I missed some deep, reflective, contemplative and philosophical discussion today. Dang

2 Likes

Lol Tom. We can always arrange a new one :joy:

1 Like

I am always up for that my friend. So how’s your morning shaping up?

2 Likes

Hey guys, a little early today. Hope everyones days are good, were good. Whatever

4 Likes

James, you ok my friend?

3 Likes

Day was good. Beautiful fall day in chicago. Took a long daddy/doggy walk through the park earlier. The air was so crisp and refreshing…my favorite time of year

6 Likes

Yes was gonna ask too @ifs. What’s going on man?

2 Likes

I’m okay guys, just feeling a subdued mood, not a necessarily bad one. Like twilight fog.

5 Likes

That’s what I love about daily greeting and greeters. We are able to have fun but also to go deep. My morning, soon to get coffee, a cig :shushing_face: and then to prepare myself for train and radiation.
How are you man? Busy with house, kids, work??

4 Likes

Could be related to the seasons. Short days and overcast skies. Could also be just random mood fluctuation. Could be that meeting an acquaintance for coffee today accentuated how alone I felt when I came home. Not sure.

4 Likes

Things are good, I’m in a groove right now. House is 100% done. Enjoying the little things again. Mostly just working a lot trying to catch up on all the things I fell behind on over the last months…feeling optimistic and in a good head space

4 Likes

Best time of the year for walks I think. Can’t wait to see what Shadow will make of the piles of leaves.

4 Likes

@ifs James, you will get your mojo back. I forgot to tell you that Ronin did indeed finally make it today. What an adorable fella. He made himself at home right away. But he did not hesitate to tell me that he preferred Canada and already longs to be home. I’ll send some pics tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I was only pulling your leg miss bananatastic. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Already acting like he owns the place and complaining? Guess he’s comfortable! :rofl:

3 Likes