Daily Greeting

Sounds like something I was saying back in March:

7 Likes

High five James :raised_hand: Iā€™m so happy we are here, sober and having the lifetime adventure ahead us :slight_smile::hugs:

3 Likes

Now gonna have to say good night everyone and happiest earth rotation. Tomorrow is Friday :partying_face:

3 Likes

Definitely let that go Cristel. Donā€™t know if you have seen this. Itā€™s from the Big Book.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t seen that. I guess I need to get myself a copy of the Big Book. Start reading. I have all this down time at work may as well put it to good use. That is some solid advice. I just have to figure out HOW to let go when Iā€™ve been holding on so tight for so many years. My brain understands. My heart? Thatā€™s another issue.

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s not easy. Have you seen the serenity prayer? Thatā€™s another one to think on. Some sound words to help us relax and accept.
Your doing great Cristel. Seriously, no need to rush. Youā€™ve got the rest of your life to get your head around it all

1 Like

If Iā€™ve no need to rush I wonder why I feel the need to hurry up. Something to consider with my therapist on Tuesday. I do know the Serenity prayer. I just need to remember to use it!! Details detailsā€¦

2 Likes

I totally understand that feeling. My first few weeks were like wow, what do I do? How do I do this? When will it get better.
And to be honest it was peopleā€™s posts on here that kept reminding me that it will come in good time, if I was willing to be patient with myself.
But it definitely didnā€™t stop me from wanting it all then.:joy:

4 Likes

Thank you friend. Iā€™m familiar with the prayer I just have to get in the habit of using it on a daily basis! I know what Iā€™m writing in my journal tonight and tomorrow morningā€¦THIS.

4 Likes

Every morning after brushing my teeth I say the serenity prayer and tell myself ā€˜i will not use todayā€™, itā€™s worked for this long so I intend to carry on doing it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Love that. I have a morning ritual Iā€™ve followed for 9 mths (even with a hangover) and am going to add the prayer tomorrow morning. If it worked for you surely it can work for me!

4 Likes

Christmas gift idea for my husbandā€¦ :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I get that. I fully support people finding their own way. Grateful for the space on this forum to share a variety of tools with no judgements.

3 Likes

I get that feeling also but I know why. It stems from how I was raised and working in the food industry in NYC. Everything was always hurry up and get it done now. So it was ingrained in me from very young. Itā€™s still this way, I feel like someone is always on my back rushing me. Iā€™m not saying its the same for you, just that itā€™s a common trait growing up Americanā€¦I hope. Otherwise were all crazy nuts.

3 Likes

My mom was like thatā€¦ Always urging and pushing. If you werenā€™t 15 minutes early you were late. Sheā€™s still a very go go go person. That would explain some of it I think. Thanks for that insight!!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Serious banana stuff. Thank you for doing this for me @dot.dot.dot :pray::black_heart:

Oh you thank dot for finding you a banana cap :joy::joy:

1 Like

Good morning Gareth :blush: I thank everyone, including you, who is so devoted with this banana hat thing to look them for me :rofl: now i definitely will have to get one and post you guys a pic wearing it
:banana:
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Is someone a bit tired?