Daily resets on main doc

Hey everyone hope you are all doing as well as can be.
I am feeling pretty motivated and strong minded about getting off everything for good this time, but I keep having to reset my main doc (weed) on the daily.

I’m 31, I have been smoking bongs for 16 years. Almost daily for probably a good part of 10 yesrs.

Needless to say I have become very attached to weed while trying to get off the booze & my infrequent meth use :roll_eyes: . It is working too. I am being more mindful of drinking or taking the other stuff as I’ve said no to beers twice since I reset last and I couldn’t comprehend taking meth at the moment.

But ive got this bad habit of coming home smoking bongs and then not doing anything.

It does keep me in line, and stops me from doing stupid shit. But it also stops me from doing good stuff too.

I REALLY need to stop everything for reasons I won’t say on here but people are counting on me to pull it together (asap).

God damn billy got me by the balls.

2 Likes

we are obviously all different in our approach to recovery but yep that weed is a blessing and a curse. I’m on day 4 but have been up to day 90 or so. Its the thinking you gotta take the edge of and chill at the end of the day. TBH anytime of the day. Some people distract themselves with exercise or new hobbies but weed for me was for chillin not running so I go down the reading and meditation route, yeah I’m still sat on my arse but I’m learning from books and videos and by spending time in my own head I’m learning about me.
If you think weed is a mind altering substance then try sitting with yourself and watching your thoughts for half hour or so, now there’s some crazy shit in there you’ve never looked at before I can tell you.
Once you’ve got your head around the fact your mind is going to do what it wants and you don’t always have to believe it, eventually when it’s telling you that you must have weed you’ll know it’s just going on again, you can do what you want not what your mind tells you.

2 Likes

That’s some deep shit @Dolse71🧙‍♂️

1 Like

sorry to change the subject but everyone is so wrapped up in the virus, what is or has happened with all the fires.

They raised millions of dollars. That’s all I know. Google probably would know more then me.