Damn i want a drink

Day 21 and it feels like day 1 all over again…

4 Likes

Totally normal. That is the addict voice lying to you.

Time to dig into sobriety tools:

Keep talking here, keep sharing. That voice will try to convince you to withdraw. Do the opposite.

5 Likes

I understand that because I was at about 6months and was waking up with headaches like it was a hangover but once I realized I was still sober n not drinking I just thanked my H.P. and said this shall pass to. Eventually it did and glad I didn’t take drink. Hang in there n reach out to ppl.

2 Likes

Play that tape all the way through to the end. You won’t stop at one and you’ll regret it tomorrow.
Check HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired and make sure you got all of these covered.

6 Likes

My grandfather is in hospice and its getting very close to the end for him and i dont know what im gonna do without him. He was the most severe impact in my life and has lifted me up off my feet so many times. I know its just an urge and my willpower is stronger but damn it its getting harder and harder🙁

3 Likes

What would your grandfather want for you @Bohboh1225? He probably taught you a lot about your own self worth and place in this crazy world. I am so sorry you are sad and grieving but I hope you choose day 22. Don’t go back to the start just to delay the feelings. Sending hugs for this tough time. :heart: