Dancer to Cervical patient to Weed smoker to unhappy life

Umm I am 21 years old now. I was a good dancer and 3 years back I got diagnosed by cervical spondylosis. I started smoking marijuana as my college mates used to do around. It helped reduce pain and gave relief and helped me face or I should say gave me an escape from the painful & depressing reality that I couldn’t dance like I used to. Whenever I tried going back to my normal life and quit,the chronic pain and smoking community around me somehow pushed me back to smoking. It’s been 3 years, I finally feel devastated. I never meant to do any of this. I wish I could turn back time and prevent all factors that contributed to occurance of my problem. But now and then my all efforts feel useless. I can’t really express my thoughts but I hope I could gain some benefit by sharing with those out there who have their own problems and struggles and want to quit marijuana or smoking.

I’m on day 4 just quit for good after 22 years, we got this one day at a time.

1 Like

Marijuana was my drug of choice. I liked it before I ever tried it. I had a love/hate relationship with it for a long time. I don’t even know how many times I said I wanted to quit only to “change my mind” quickly. Really, I just didn’t feel strong enough to let it go. There was a time in my life when I wanted to plan my future around marijuana. If a job required a drug test, I didn’t want that job. I thought I would smoke weed forever and I was happy with that. Nothing was worth stopping for because marijuana was the only thing that could comfort me. I didnt think I was harming anyone. I even started a family, barely slowing down. I eventually began to see how this was holding me back. My world was revolving around it in a whole new disturbing way. You did not want to be around me if I didn’t have any. Oh Lord forgive me. I was so awful. I read an old journal of mine where I was talking about how I wanted to quit, and that was 7 years ago. It never seemed to stick. Im at 5 weeks sober now. I wasted all if my 20s being high. well, not all of my 20s because I turn 30 in a few months. I don’t want to be a burn out. I don’t want to waste my 30s planning all of my activities around smoking pot.

I made several attempts at quitting which made me very depressed and gave me suicidal thoughts. I would eventually relapse.
This good round is different because Im trying to focus on strengthening my relationship with God and thinking about trying to live to my potential. Weed was keeping me stagnant, and life isn’t supposed to be that way.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Quitting weed is tough. Im so thankful I’ve made it this far and I don’t want to let my God, myself, or my family down.

I used to think weed was my only friend. Real friends don’t hold you back. Sobriety is a bigger comfort than weed ever was.

3 Likes

I am on day 73 no weed. 22 year habit, feel amazing. Good on you, you can do it :blush:

3 Likes

Great ! :grin: and thanks

1 Like

In today’s awful life styles we feel marijuana is our only escape which keeps us stick to it. Sometimes we need to give time to ourselves and create a disciplined environment which is free from all the factors which might trigger our desire to smoke . I have tried to quit before too and was able to quit for 2 months. That was during my vacations.Then Back to college back to smoking . There is a joy in living sober too which is blessed upon us in course of time . Let’s hope for the best outcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice ! Wish you luck for ahead :slightly_smiling_face: and Thanks