Day 1 - 28 years ends today

28 years of binging, blacking out, miraculously NOT getting a DUI, affected relationships, affected healthy, alcohol induced anxiety attacks. All while keeping jobs, no police record….and hiding it very well. Not talking glasses. Talking bottles. Thanks for listening. Day 1. Going to try and attend a meeting or 2 to start. Here for now. Ughhhhhh its tough.

18 Likes

Welcome back to Talking Sober and welcome to your sobriety Jeff. Reading your story I’d say it’s time to stop trying and time to start acting. Wishing you all success. Don’t go it alone. We’re in this together.

6 Likes

Hello nice to meet u fellow sober warrior

2 Likes

You got this! One day at a time. :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Yeah its long overdue. Hit an alltime low the other night. Its been staring me in the face for awhile. Just alot of denial. Tons of denial.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome back. Hope to see you here around often it helps to be here much!
Good of you to go to a meeting :facepunch:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Welcome back Jeff. Take it one day at a time and check out all the resources of recovery here and IRL.

2 Likes

Welcome back! One day at a time. I love my meetings. Hope you have the same experience.

2 Likes

Welcome back, i same with you but different place, i get 5 years clean, and then I drink alcohol again ,now I’m 11 months clean and serene

2 Likes