Day 1…Again. God give me the strength!

I am new to utilizing any type of support groups for sobriety. I’m praying this helps. It’s felt great reading other posts and relating so much.

I’m back at Day 1 yet again. I’ve known for years that I need to quit drinking. It’s become so dangerous for me. I’m so tired of feeling this way and I know how wonderful I’ve felt before when stringing together days, weeks, even months of sobriety. I just don’t understand why I then drink again!

I’m worried about the damage I could be doing to my body. I’m so sick of the hangover anxiety + depression. I know I deserve better but don’t know why it’s so hard taking good care of myself.

I want this so badly. I need this. I want to live my best life + treat myself with love + respect.

I think I’m going to try my first AA meeting as well and see if that is a tool I need as well.
:pray:t2: :green_heart:

14 Likes

Welcome Magnolia and today is a great day for a day 1. I will also take a day one today even thought today is not my first day 1. But I do take it one day at a time. ODAAT

I tried many years to sober up on my own. Until I got support it never happened. I downloaded this app hoping it would help too. I’m very active on here getting and giving support and it keeps me sober.

Going to an AA meeting is a fantastic idea. All meetings are a little different find one or some you like and have an open mind.

You said you been reading around here and that’s great. Have you seen this thread?

Being active on here and reaching out for support is the only way I’ve been able to keep my sobriety. Join in when your comfortable. This shits too hard to do it alone.
:pray::heart:

9 Likes

Hello Magnolia and welcome to the community. Everybody’s journey is uniquely their own, and still we are all the same. Just reading on here helps me so much, I am here every day just reading. I hope you will find your way and your tools to help in your sobriety. Looking forward to seeing you around :grinning:
:squid:

5 Likes

I love your screen name, and you are absolutely right.

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m so glad you found this forum. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you around on here :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome! Being active here saved my life.

1 Like

Warm welcome. I think AA meeting is an awesome idea.

1 Like