Day 1 again. Once again!

Here I am day 1 again after a horrible binge. I feel numb here in the middle of the night. There is nothing to say. I am an alcoholic. I want to stop this. I try try try but fail. I am so sad and angry.

18 Likes

Just want to send you hugs :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thank you. I need so much…

2 Likes

All you can do is try again. Not everyone gets it right the first time. I know I sure haven’t. You are not alone.

3 Likes

I know you’re feeling badly right now, but this will pass, I promise. The important thing is that you don’t give up and just keep trying. Keep checking in with us on TS, too. You’re going to be alright. :+1::muscle:

3 Likes

Are you part of a program of recovery? You do not need to do this alone. Wish you well, and glad you haven’t stopped stopping! :heart:

2 Likes

Use how you feel now as a catalyst to doing better.
You know your dont like what your doing. Let this help power you to being better.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you relapsed again. Weren’t you sober from the 30th of May? Or was there a relapse since then?

Forget sadness. It won’t serve you when you’re trying to get sober. Remember, your sober journey has GOT to be about accountability. You have to ask yourself why this happened, and how can you prevent this from happening again.

So, why did you binge drink?

1 Like

The only thing that makes it bearable is to start again.

3 Likes

I am trying but at the same time I deal with mental issues. That is the conflict here.

2 Likes

I am seeing a therapist. Md. I take pills. And of course this place helps me a lot

1 Like

I hate being in this position. The hope of getting better gives me strength.

2 Likes

Because I feel lonely. I feel that nobody loves me. I think I am a mess. I have severe anxiety. These are not enough reasons maybe but I dont feel good lately.

3 Likes

It’s OK to have those day 1.
Before you know it there will be many day 2
Until then don’t beat yourself up too much. I don’t know many people who were instantly alcoholics. It took some time
In that, it’s going to take time to stay sober
But once you do you’re going to enjoy it

3 Likes

Yes you can do this, believe I’ve reset my days so many times, on day 12 now, wouldn’t of thought I could feel as good as I do 12 days ago, I was in a very dark place, stay on here, check in lots read around it’s helping me immensely, you arnt on your own love sent

7 Likes

Dust yourself down and have another go :muscle:

2 Likes

Did you change your sobriety routine over the last 12 days? I’m so happy for you, Law. Never give up, and one day at a time.

2 Likes

I have had so many day ones I lost count long ago. I am now on day 2, so I know all about shame, regret, loneliness, feeling stuck, lost, hopeless, anxious, depressed…all of that shit. And yet, somewhere, deep inside, you find the strength to not give up. You learn to let go of the self recrimination and the other negative emotions that hinder you and then you start again, because that’s the only thing you can do that makes sense. :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I need to hear. Love you all.

Hi well I’ve definitely got a better mind set, decided that the ones around me that drink ect can carry on but I’m looking after me, started a new job and listening to my emotions bit by bit so if when the cravings come in I’m more tuned in, and trying to stear away from places and people, also staying on here helps so so much thank you, strength sent all

4 Likes