Day 1 again…

I had a work trip and spent a week away. I drank every day. Back home today. I feel miserable that I did not have self control to not drink. I will make strides of 7 to 10 days and then drink 1 day.

2 Likes

Hi yeah I’ve been on that rollercoaster many times and trips away and the planning the excitement the anticipation of the “fun” the drinking etc all led me back subtly and slowly but deliberately to many relapses and eventually troubles. It’s difficult and easier for me to say than do but I had to change I had to break that pattern I had to be delivered from that and I didn’t do it on my own. God got my attention with small hammers then eventually it was a sledge hammer. My advice I guess is look at it larger than the home then the trip etc look at it as patterns in your life and maybe plan the next trip without the drinking as part of the schedule and maybe try some other ways to spend the “downtime” but my own willpower couldn’t do it I had to be shown and if you can help yourself now and not get hit with the inevitable hammer it will be better for you. God Bless you for at least being aware of it and maybe change the path of your life for better. Hutch

P.S. usually the advice we are able to give is the advice we wish we would have listened to ourselves.

2 Likes

wнy woυld yoυ pυт ιn good eғғorт and ѕυcceѕѕ тo ѕтarт all over agaιn? wнaт doeѕ тнaт one day a weeĸ drιnĸιng valιdaтe ғor yoυ? yoυ can’т drιnĸ one day a weeĸ- yoυ’re an alcoнolιc :face_with_monocle:. ι’м a cнronιc relapѕed and ι dιѕcovered тнaт ι waѕ acтυally rewardιng мyѕelғ wιтн a ѕacĸ ғor noт ѕмoĸιng тнe dayѕ prιor …ι don’т ĸnow wнaт yoυr wιllpower ιѕ вυт тнιѕ dιdn’т worĸ ғor мe. мy recovery cιrcle ιѕ noт coмpleтe. ι мιѕѕ мoѕт мeeтιngѕ and ι need a ѕponѕor. ι ѕυggeѕт accoυnтaвιlιтy тo ѕтrengтнen ѕoвrιeтy. ι aм ѕlow growιng тo ѕoвrιeтy, eacн тιмe a lιттle longer вeтween ғaιlυreѕ- вυт ι conтιnυe мy good roυтιneѕ and мaтerιal- and ι don’т gιve υp.

What happens that 1 day where you drink? Saying “no” to the cravings and urges will not kill you…drinking eventually will.

What are you doing to stay sober?