Day 1 and I already wanna give up

Haven’t even made it 24 hours yet and I already wanna cave. I knew it would be hard but I didn’t think it’d be like this. Can’t get it off my mind and I’m starting to feel like shit.

1 Like

Just remember every time you cave is another time you have to start over . I have come to a point of no more start overs. I am done with it. You can be also. My best to you.

3 Likes

You can do this! It will get easier. Give yourself permission to do anything but drink! Hang in there

2 Likes

Yes, it uncomfortable. Yes, your mind and body may be screaming at you to go back to your old ways. BUT you can get through this. @Steve92 recommends drinking a giant glass of water really fast (chug it) Do this every time a craving hits. Each of us were uncomfortable at the beginning but made it through…you can as well. It won’t be like this forever. Push through it. Get out of your head for awhile and binge watch your favorite movies.

5 Likes

So you have already taken a huge step in staying sober today.you reached out for help. Action is one way I stay sober one day at a time. I have six months sober and started by doing the same thing you just did.say I don’t think I can do this it’s to hard I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. It sometimes is one breath at a time because all I’ve know since my first memory as a child is using a substance to end a good day celebration for holidays having a bad day having a hangover…use again to make it better…and when the fog clears all my fears guilt and shame still were in my face …it is a rollercoaster of emotional days and great days but things can get better…they really can…AA has a great support system and we are all seeking the same goal…to stay sober… CONGRATULATIONS you made it another five minutes…there is hope for you and you deserve to be loved and enjoy your life…

5 Likes

Try and get to a meeting and get phone numbers it makes it easier buddy you have a good day

2 Likes

@mlivingston182 get yourself some vitamin b12, magnesium phosphate and non alcoholic Bach’s remedy. Take kalms at night and eat small healthy snacks every couple of hours. Reward yourself with a present to yourself from the money you have saved by not drinking alcohol. Find a hobby that’ll take your mind off it. This is a mental challenge.

1 Like

Men, wish u strenght and calm mind for this days, also good sleep from start…many you saved from alcohol you can use for good healthy fresh food :slight_smile: