Day 1 and my story

Hi guys, completely new to this sort of thing so bare with me. 26 years old, recently my girlfriend of 6/7 years since our late teens move in with myself. Unfortunately thats where i went downhill. Before Covid/Lockdowns I would only really have a drink at the weekends. Once covid started I was living alone, being paid not to go to work and found myself drinking nearly every day to deal with loneliness, as my GF still stayed with her parents and was still able to work during covid. Once life got back to normal and back to work again the daily drinking did not stop unfortunately. We decided 3 months back my partner would move in with me and I refurbished the full house to her liking to make it feel like her own apposed to only mine. This is when she realised how back my drinking habbit had actually turned out. She would come home from work there I would be already on my day off, drunk on the couch, same most nights. Daily arguments would occur and 2 days back she decided enough was enough and left for good. I am heartbroken and now effectively staying in a house that reminds me of her. Yesterday first thing I did was turn to drink and drugs from the early AM to the late PM. My mental health the past few years has taken a beating and I thought 2 days back might see the end of that for good after my heartbreak with the state of mind i was in.

I am looking to turn my life around for good. Better myself to prove I can do this.

Any help and chat would be appreciated.

Take care x

6 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober, you are in the right place if you are looking to take charge of your life again, which seems like it from your message.
It does take one day at a time so do not get discouraged, here you will find a beautiful community able to help you.

3 Likes

Hello Dec and welcome to the Talking Sober family. I think you found a great place to start your journey. This community is full of advice and support. And with people from countries all over the world being activ on this forum, you usually never have to wait long for a response or reply. Read around and start checking in daily.

You made the first step already, congratulations on deciding to get sober. Now you have all the potential to become the best version of yourself. I hope to see you around :heartpulse:
:squid:

2 Likes

Hi Maybe try a meeting might help you on your journey helped me stay sober wish you well

5 Likes