Day 1. Coming to terms with my addiction and the changes required

Well, today marks day one of my second serious attempt at sobriety. I ended my first attempt in September of 2023, looking to “control my drinking” and handle alcohol responsibly. Along the way the last couple months my drinking lead to drugging (cocaine), as it always does. Multiple day benders, sleepless nights, and upsetting myself and loved ones. The last two weekends were the worst and it’s time for change. I believe I had to experience all of this again to really understand where I am as a person with addiction. Either way; excited, worried, anxious, but looking forward to this healthy and peaceful life. Talk soon!

5 Likes

Welcome Jay :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Jay. There is a lot of help and support here. TS has made a huge difference for me and I hope it does for you too. Have a good read around and see what you find helpful. :dizzy:

1 Like

Welcome to the community.
Todays meditation seems fitting. Coming to terms, admitting defeat, or as we like to see accepting that we have lost control and our lives has become unmanageable. Anyway you want to frame it for you you have taken a bold step by reaching out here and hopefully you will build some safety walls around yourself for awhile. There is alot of solid sobriety/recovery here. Sounds like you are ready to take the first step…stick around!!! :100::heart:

Never give up, for that is just the place and time where the tide will turn. - Sober Time’s message for January 22, 2024.

1 Like

Thanks pattycake appreciate it, on day 4 of sobriety and already feeling better!

1 Like

Thanks Michelle appreciate the kind words, happy yo be back!

1 Like

That’s great! It took me several tries to learn I’m better off not drinking at all than trying to moderate. That shit was exhausting! So glad you are doing well!:heart:

2 Likes