Day 1 done and dusted

I have officially been sober for a day. It might not mean much to many, but for me it was a huge challenge.
I never thought I had a problem with my drinking until I realised that I had gaps in my memory.
It is only an uphill fight from here , but its one I’m not willing to loose.
Today is giving me a lot of anxiety as I go back to work.
Working in the bar industry can be a trigger, and not just because I’m surrounded by alcohol but also because of all the stress and anxiety it can cause.
But deciding to be sober has already allowed me to start making major changes in my life in order to make myself stronger.
I have found a beautiful apartment where I will be living on my own. It is closer to my mom, who is my rock. I have began cutting people out of my life who are triggers and who I now see were only there for the fun and were definitely enablers to my addiction

1 Like

Well done on making changes already. Sounds like you’re determined to succeed. It’ might be hard cutting people out of your life but sometimes it’s the only way to move on. It’s time to make emergency plans for the cravings to fight. And a lot of people on here suggest going to meetings. Why not giving it a try :wink: I myself read a lot about addiction and sobriety. This and the beautiful community on here helped and still helps me a lot. Wish you well on your journey. Stay wit us and let us know how you are. Have a good sober day 2 :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for your words.
I am looking into going to meetings around where I stay and will be starting as soon as I can.
Just reading through the posts from this community has already relieved some of my anxiety. Just knowing there are people out there going through the same or similar situations.
I am honestly so glad I found this app with all these amazing people.
I will keep fighting :muscle: :unicorn:

2 Likes

It will help you through. Just logg in and read. I prefer the Daily checkin … thread. It keeps me accountable.

1 Like