Day 1 down, checking in

I’ve done day 1 so many times it absolutely disgust me. It’s been a long while since I counted my sober days on purpose. I gave up on quiting for a long while. I tried moderation and well, let’s be honest, it never works as planned. I gave up on quiting because my life is full of gatherings with alcohol and it’s hard being the outkast all the time. No other aspects in life make me care to part of the crowd. This crowd is so loud though and I finally hit if you can’t beat them join them mentality. I’m over doing things that are just foolish, causing fights and days of sorrow. Thes first few days always suck…self loathing, depressed, need a shower :woman_facepalming:t2:, not interested in food or life. Just waiting for bedtime so I can say I made it through day 2. I’ll get through it, 1 minute at a time.

12 Likes

Hang in there, and good luck to you!

2 Likes

Thank you.

We have all been there. I hope you can find something to distract you, there are lots of great books and podcasts. There are so many amazing people here so reach out as much as you need. Here is to finishing day 1 strong and having a good day 2.

3 Likes

I got day 1 down as well. I’m a bartender, so I had to get my shift covered to get through day 1. The reason I started day one is because I ended up passing out foaming at the mouth. They thought I was overdosing, so they administered Narcan. My alcohol level was 339… drug test negative (I knew that). Anyways! We are in this together. I hope we get through this.

4 Likes

Former bartender here… that’s super scary! I’m glad you’re ok. My last little episode had me blackout, dancing with some random to piss off the man I dearly love. I never act like that, I actually hate men when I drink :sweat_smile:…I’m not sure what was said to make me be so spiteful but what’s done is done. I can only hope for forgiveness and go day by day

3 Likes

Wishing you the best of luck. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Maybe try ameeting might help get new sober friends wish you well

2 Likes