Day 1 for me

Ok so, I’ve been on this app for a while now but I haven’t posted until today.
Right now I feel like I need to get my thoughts out and maybe things will sink in and help me succeed this time. Here we go…
I like wine, a lot. So much so that I can not control myself after one or two glasses and I end up drinking a whole bottle or more to myself. Frequently. I have decided that this has to stop.
I have reset my timer a few times already. The first time was after 7 days. The next few were after 2 each time. This also ends today. There will be no more resetting of the timer. Seeing that 7 turn back to 0 was really frustrating. So is the pounding in my head and the complete lack of motivation!
Today is my last day 1. I know I am strong. I know I can do this. I know the “real” me is still inside and I can’t wait to find her again.
I love this app because it helps to inspire me, strengthen me and show me that I am not alone and that I have support!! We can all be in this together and that truly will help me in my journey.
Sorry for the rambling and thank you for taking the time to read this! Stay strong everyone! :heart:

7 Likes

Yayyyyyyyy!!i love your determination on day1! Keep us posted😆

1 Like

You’re definitely not alone!!! I love your motivation!

@Gabe.G. great minds think alike😎

Congratulations on posting, that’s great!! I am with you. Wine is and has always been my drink of choice. I have a deep, longing love for it, lol. As you, I would start out with just one glass, then two, then three and by the time I knew it not only had I drank one bottle by myself but 3 maybe 4 within a short time span of the night. I found myself being jealous if I had to share, thinking that they were going to drink all of it and there wasn’t going to be any left for me (after I had already had a few glasses). Wine has been what I’ve been craving the most (a few times I’ve been craving a gin n tonic, or a Moscow mule, or a mimosa - but because I have found non-alcoholic alternatives such as tonic and lime or ginger beer, lime and honey, it’s not as bad). But there is no replace for wine and it is a deep struggle because I know if I even have one glass, that’s it, I can’t stop and I won’t want to stop.

1 Like

This is so me, if my hubby would pour himself a glass of “my wine” I would get so irritated.

Thanks everyone!! Positivity rules!! I can and I will do it this time!!

Get after it @ColorMeHappy! We ALL got your back! Best wishes on your journey! If you need anything, we are here for support so lean on us! Keep checking in too!

Thanks! I don’t know why I didn’t post sooner… I guess I kind of felt like if I stayed “hidden” I wouldn’t really have to face it! This is much better though! Having the support from people who understand is amazing!

1 Like

Great share you stay strong best wishes from as Gabe says a old timer from scotland lol