Day 1 For Myself

I’ve been sober for 1 day and 5 hours… been a rough 1 day. Anyone remember their first day? How’d you push through it? Need advice

6 Likes

Hello @KcHall welcome to the forum! This thread here Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser has a great list of things to expect during the first days and weeks and even better, it has a whole bunch of suggestions as to how to deal with cravings and how to keep yourself occupied.
Honestly, my first month all I did was work and come straight home. During that month I spent A LOT of time on this site, just searching threads and reading peoples stories and experiences.
Best advice I can give is to stay out of your own head and be present as much as possible.
And reach out for help and support when you need it! Best of luck to you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ofcourse I remember my day 1 :sweat_smile:
I found my day one not that hard…but oh my: day 3!! That was a hard one for me! I was agitated and had loads of cravings.
But I’ve pushed trough and am more then 3 years sober today. So push trough! Yes, it’s difficult, but you can do it!! :facepunch:

1 Like

Welcome! Day 1 was emotional for me, I probably cried most the day. Push through the hard days. It gets better with each sober day.

2 Likes

Welcome Casey! My first day was mostly shame and remorse pushing me through. Lots of tears. I didn’t find this community and support until several days later. I’m glad you’ve found it on your day one so you aren’t alone on this tough day :hugs:

1 Like