Day 1...for real

I had a wake up call yesterday. Have a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol that just hurts me in the end. Need to do this for me.

12 Likes

Welcome Whitney!

They say hitting a rock bottom can be the solid foundation on which to build your recovery on so good on you for recognising that things need to change and reaching out on here. It’s not an easy step to take but you’re doing it :slight_smile:

I agree, 100% we need to do it for ourselves. (I tried to stop for my family and my kids and that wasn’t even enough to stop me from picking up that drink :confused: ) once I decided I was doing it for me, it was a game changer.

Here is a link from the forum with lots of useful information

It’s great to have you on board, this forum has played a huge role in my sobriety and maybe it will for you too x

1 Like

Welcome! Being active here will help! Any plan on staying sober?

2 Likes

I am going to start attending AA meetings and start therapy

5 Likes

Sounds like a good plan. Remeber, we are all here to help you!

2 Likes

welcome to the community and congratulations you’re making the right choice a sober life is much better and going to AA is a great plan u got this just take it one day at a time

1 Like

Welcome Whitney! Sounds like you got a solid plan in place. I also go to AA and come here daily. It’s been working for almost 3 years now. I hope to see you here often.

2 Likes

I battled with quitting until I hit a rock bottom. I asked for outpatient treatment. It was so good for me to talk and be around different people. Since then I’ve been a new person. I’m sharing my story because if you decide you want it, go get the help you need. Tell everyone you’re quitting and want their help. It is around you everywhere. Best of luck!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are solidly invested in yourself. That’s awesome. I wish you the best and I hope this forum will be a useful tool for you going forward.

1 Like

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
This!

And a warm welcome for you! :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Claudia :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like