Day 1, new in here!

Thank you! Nice to meet you, fellow bipolar. Yeah, those 5 years were the best of my life. I miss the clarity and confidence, but I know I can get back there. These first days are just so damn hard…

2 Likes

I know it is. But at least you got us. You’re not alone.

4 Likes

You did it before, ando You Will do it again, I put my trust on you. Lets fucking GO!
We are here, everyone in the same path, and we all can make it possible.
I love you, congrats for this special and amazing first day sober.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I absolutely love this community.

I remember back in the days when I was sober for 5 years, I don’t remember it was this hard in the beginning. I’m 44 now and I relapsed 10 years ago, but now I’m gonna be sober for the rest of my life.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Day 3, yay! Still feeling like shit, full of shame and guilt, anxiety, panic and depression, but I’m not giving up. I have terrible cravings, so I’m gonna go for a run to gain some clarity and confidence. I hope you all are okay!

3 Likes

I’m really struggling today. I’m feeling so lost and miserable, I don’t know how I can survive from these feelings. The reality seems so unreal and scary and no wonder; I’ve been drinking, smoking weed and popping pills so many years that I don’t know anymore how to face the reality, how to live sober. Sorry for this pity party. I’m scary as f.

1 Like

Day 4 and it’s not getting better yet. I feel so hopeless, sad and depressed. I join today for my first AA Skype meeting and it felt good. Gonna continue to join them via online.

1 Like

And oh, I also tried Recovery Dharma but it was too Buddhist for me. But I can certainly understand why it’s so appealing, seemed like a really great group.

1 Like

Day 5 and I’m struggling a lot. I’ve been crying a lot today, feeling so sad and depressed, full of shame and guilt. But I’m not giving up, I’m gonna stay sober no matter what.

1 Like

One day at a time, one thing at a time. You don’t need to remove all your coping techniques at once, they’ve gotten you here and this far. Take your time and be gentle on you :green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! Stay strong!

1 Like

A little bit of sharing about my current situation. I’m on day 60, no alcohol, no weed, but I’ve taken some benzos my doctor prescribed. I had a massive panic and anxiety attack and I had no other solution than benzos. I’m okay now, so I don’t have to use them anymore, but of course this will reset my benzo counter. Luckily I didn’t pick up any alcohol or weed, so I’m still going strong without using them.

1 Like