Day 1 , newyear resolution early

Day 1 just finished , sick of feeling crap .

21 Likes

Congratulations and welcome!!! Good job!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Congratulations that’s great :slightly_smiling_face:
Take one day at a time, take a read through this app there is lots of help and support for you here.

2 Likes

Welcome! You have to start somewhere and it does get easier so stick with it.

4 Likes

Anxiety is killing me

I’m on day 4 and the Anxiety was pretty bad the first 3 days, today it has lessened a little which I’m very thankful for. I made an appointment with a psychiatrist so I can get back on meds, I’m not sure if that’s your thing or not but it’s helped me in the past.

I get physical anxiety like a racing heart, palpitations, clammy feeling, hot flashes, panic feeling in my chest as well as mental anxiety which consists mostly of catastrophic thinking and ruminating negative thoughts.

I try to do things to calm my body and distract my mind.

One day at a time.

4 Likes

Welcome! Be active here and be open!

1 Like

Welcome Hamish :green_heart: It will get better. Drink lots of water and rest. Just focus on today and don’t use your DOC today.

Feeling ok

1 Like

Ok I’m going to get by new year , then I’m aiming for march . Want to get some time under my belt

Day 2 AGAIN

2022 is going to be different!!!

2 Likes

I am in the same boat as you, im on day one too and I actually had to leave work because my anxiety was so bad and I was shaking like crazy, im still shaking like crazy. I called my doctor and she prescribed me some meds to help with the anxiety. Maybe you could reach out to your doctor. Goodluck I hope it gets easier like everyone says cuz this sucks!!

1 Like

My anxiety is much better today Laura :+1:

1 Like

I was wrong anxiety is killing me in bed

Welcome. Hang on through the crappy feeling. It will get better.

7 days👍 glad I did it , still bit anxious, worst anxiety I’ve ever experienced

1 Like

Congratulations on 7days!
Today is day 2 for me and the ‘hangxiety’ is very real.
Very proud of you!

1 Like

I don t like new year resolution, how about thinking about it as a lifetime resolution just saying, congrats on the days sober you have its a start.

Just returned from another party I was only one who didn’t drink :muscle:

3 Likes

I’m feeling good . I’ve got a great mindset . I’ve decided I’m going to stop on my own terms now , not wait til I hve no choice or wait too late

2 Likes