Day 1 of my journey, trying to awknowledge my struggle

Just starting my journey here after finally being able to admit that my drinking is a problem for quite some time. I’ve always avoided believing that the frequency of my drinking was an issue somehow since I wouldn’t drink to get drunk. I often find myself thinking that since I had a stressful day, I can just have a couple. Which turns in to an everyday occurrence.

I’m learning that my biggest hurdle is my inner self trying to rationalize having a drink at any time. It’s been a big reason why I’ve failed to stop in the past but I’m hoping and praying I can beat it.

20 Likes

Welcome to the community. Alot of great people here willing to help along the way. Maybe try the check in daily thread. Hold yourself accountable day to day. Glad you’re here

2 Likes

Welcome Eserr,
This has been a great sober community for me to get and give support and in turn stay sober.
Lot’s of helpful people here willing to help out.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome! Getting and staying sober is not easy, but it is worth it. I suggest finding some people that you can connect with that will keep you accountable in your sobriety, whether that is a 12 step meeting, some sober friends or family members, or some strangers on the internet. Glad you found us! Hang out for a while, it’s a cool place!

3 Likes

It’s amazing how much headspace alcohol takes from us. I’ve never felt such great freedom being free of alcohol.

4 Likes

It’s my 2nd day, so I’m right there with you :slightly_smiling_face: I’m still learning how to use this app, but congratulations on your first step! Here’s to an amazing journey. We got this. :muscle::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Good morning and welcome to the community. Its a great group of people. Read around and learn as much as you can from them. Glad you’re here too. :v:

3 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You came to the right place. Your gonna do amazing. Look in the mirror everyday and tell yourself. Alcohol has no power over me. Its struggle everyday but you got this. Love to you friend!!!

3 Likes

Welcome here and congratulations on starting your journey and I wish you well

4 Likes

Well done and keep going…one day a time…