Day 1 of my sobriety. Finally decided to quit alcohol

I made the decision to go sober. I need this change and it’s hard. I was not even aware of this and if I was I was in denial I am am alcoholic and I want to go sober for my mental, physical and emotional health. I need all help I can get. I’m thankful I found this app. I don’t have an AA group nearby and we’re in quarantine so I’ll try virtual meetings.

25 Likes

Welcome @Negra! Take some time and scroll through some old threads. There is a huge wealth of information here, and experience to help guide you. The people here are so helpful too. Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Welcome!! Thanks for introducing yourself and being honest. I know it’s so difficult to come out of denial, but you are so brave for taking that first step! Visit, read, and continue sharing on this app, it’s a great way to stay connected and motivated. From my experience, AA is really what turned my life around for the better, I encourage you to try the virtual meetings for now, since that’s just the way of the world currently. Hopefully you will find them helpful. Best wishes and stay strong, take care! :dove::heart::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Welcome Leslie & good for you. If you want to do virtual meetings most recovery groups have some kind of virtual option - check out some of these:
Resources for our recovery

Happy to meet you & look forward to seeing you around!

1 Like

Welcome and good for you I’m on day 3 after trying so many times and thinking I could moderate it’s time too give up and all these beautiful people on here help massively just stick around and stay strong.

1 Like

I did my first online AA meeting yesterday and it was great !! Go for it

2 Likes

I hit like 2 AA meetings online a day. Im 15 days sober and they have helped me to keep my mind on track towards my sobrity.

2 Likes

Thank you❤️ I can see everyone here is a great support.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your words💕
I’ll definelty try the virtual meetings.

Thank you Matt! I’ll definitely check that

1 Like

Hello! And thank you for your words. I will try one virtual meeting soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Leslie. This forum has helped me tremendously. I spend a lot of time reading and learning from others with more time. Maybe join the check in thread, it’s a great form of accountability. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! You have took the first step, and your doing GREAT!

1 Like

Hey there! I’m starting again with day 1. I definitely need to get sober; I quit a few years ago for 7 years, and just started again over this past summer. It’s really starting to affect my family relationships as well as my overall well-being. Wishing you all the best!

1 Like

Welcome! I’m glad you’re here. Just curious if you were in AA during your long sober time? You will have alot to contribute here. :sunflower:

Sorry! I fell off the wagon. I did begin with AA, but eventually maintained my sobriety on my own. I did not feel that it was the appropriate method of sobriety for me. Now, I plan on keeping myself accountable by thinking about my relationships and what I can contribute to the world as a sober and productive person.

1 Like

Welcome! There is an awesome group of people here. I hope you find all that you’re seeking. Be gentle with yourself.

Congrats on the decision, and welcome. Im on day 15, so not too far ahead of you.

Welcome to the club that nobody wants to be a member of. I am not going to lie and say this is easy, quite often it sucks! But I will share that it is worth it. My prayers are with you.

• Roger