Day 1 & scared of relapsing again

I am back at day 1 in my recovery. Just relapsed and been out for a month and a half. My DOC is meth so My bones HURT. I am sleepy and hungry and just tired. Is it okay if I attend a meeting tomorrow? Today I can’t physically sit at a meeting. Or should I go to a meeting today?

3 Likes

Welcome! I’m glad ur here. This forum is amazing support. My DOC way back when was meth and I absolutely can relate to the physical pain and hungry and being beyond tired from staying awake for days on end. Meetings can be so valuable. I personally had to take just a day for self care. I needed to eat and sleep and shower and just try to feel a little bit more human. If u feel unsafe and feel like u may use, then for sure attend a mtg so that u can remain clean. But if u really feel safe in that u won’t use today, maybe some self care would help :slight_smile: but definitly attend tomorrow so that u can continue on with ur recovery :slight_smile: Do u have a sponsor or anyone healthy that u can contact even to just chat? Maybe that would help :slight_smile: Wishing u all the best

3 Likes

The sooner the better and if its too much to go out just search for one online and attend it from the comfort of your own home.

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you soo much! One day to kinda go back to “normal” I didn’t think anyone else understood how crazy I feel right now. But yes I have a sponser but I am ashamed to even call her, but I will! Thank you again!

2 Likes

There are online meetings?? I seen some websites but I wasn’t sure they were legit.

1 Like

Absolutely!

There’s a few zoom meetings that are 24 hours and a website called in the rooms that are legit, great thing about it is anytime anywhere you can be surrounded by others willing to help

2 Likes

You dragged your ass to the dope house hundreds of times - tired and hungry just like right now. Push yourself to get to a meeting. You’ll be glad you did.

1 Like