Day 1. Scary

I never thought I had a problem drinking but I have been drinking almost everyday this week and seemingly, most weeks are like that. I wake up feeling absolutely awful and I am sick of just existing in life. Not being able to play an active role in my own existence. I am excited for the future but have to jump a few hurdles to get through the muck that is alcohol abuse. That’s scary. Thanks for reading! Just wanted to put the intention into the universe.

13 Likes

Well done for starting your journey, Ajax! I’m glad you’re excited for the future- good luck, good luck, good luck. :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

You’ll find a ton of support here. We’ve all been at day one and understand how it feels.
My suggestion is to read a lot on here and see what others have done to stay sober. Ask a lot of questions and check in often. Look forward to seeing you around.

4 Likes

Welcome Ajax!

Dig in! Read a lot and post often!

I am glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step.

2 Likes

Welcome. This is a wonderful place to begin your journey. Stick around read loads and share if you want to. There will always be someone to identify with what you are going through and to offer advice, support or just a listening ear :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you for such warm welcomes. Feels nice to be in a healthy place and have such great support💕 THANK YOU ALL!

2 Likes