Day 10, but also a much bigger milestone

One of my oldest friend’s wedding was this weekend and I was a groomsman. I made it through the rehearsal Friday and the wedding Saturday without a drop of alcohol. It’s getting easier and easier to resist, but I’m feeling the physical effects of my body healing, and at times it’s unpleasant. I haven’t been a heavy drinker in over 10 years, but I have been a steady, almost daily beer drinker. I do miss the taste of a good craft beer, but I’ve found a solid non alcoholic alternative, and it helps scratch that itch from time to time. Is non-alcoholic beer cheating? I know it has a negligible amount of alcohol in it, but certainly not enough to feel any effects. Anyway, I’m just really pleased that I was able to be in a wedding and actually have fun without alcohol, I think this is a big step for me.

As an aside, I have noticed my dreams are way more vivid, they’re not all bad but some seem to be a manifestation of the stresses in my life, but last night I did not sleep well at all. I’m running on fumes today, hopefully I’ll be able to get some proper sleep tonight.

6 Likes

I’ve gone 10 fulls days also (sober October). Feels great. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Congrats on 10 days and a successful wedding experience! You can use the search tool for “non-alcoholic beer” and you will find more info and opinions than you could ever hope to get through. The bottom line is: It’s a personal choice. It tends to be more triggering for me, as a beer drinker and the cost isn’t worth it to me.

1 Like