Day 15, most clean time in a decade

Starting over for the umpteenth time, but this time feels different. Haven’t had more than 2 weeks clean from opiates by my own choice in over ten years (I’m 31 this year in a few days). My mom passed from an overdose in February but even that didn’t make me slow down until the end of May when I had a bit of a breakdown and decided I wanted to get my life back. I don’t really know what I’m doing but I know that I need community and support in my recovery efforts so I figured it couldn’t hurt to post here. Here’s to day 16, hope you guys are hanging in there, don’t give up! It’s never too late to make a change.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss. But happy for your gain - getting your life back on track must feel amazing?

I feel good about it definitely, hopefully amazing is yet to come haha. So much wasted time to make up for it gets a little overwhelming sometimes, but I know this is what I want so I gotta keep on going, one slow ass day at a time lol

2 Likes

Don’t waste time thinking about all the wasted time.

1 Like

Congratulations to you. Excellent choice. Don’t look to far ahead or back. Each day we have to choose to be clean. I am near day 10 and not looking past this evening. Wish you well

1 Like