Day 18 feeling crazy

Hey I’m on day 18 no alcohol and the last couple of days have been absolute torture. I’m so angry all the time and feeling mixed emotions. I’m so short tempered it unreal :woman_facepalming:t2:
We have moved home a month ago also and have 3 kids. I’m just so crabby with kids and husband. Please will this get better soon, doesn’t help when stupid alcohol pops up all over the tv, Facebook and instagram :flushed::see_no_evil: I just want to cry and disappear
Also I’m trying to do this on my own!! Really need to try online AA meeting but keep putting them off

5 Likes

Dont delay phone AA and a meeting is what you need wish you well

2 Likes

If i may, come off social media in the early days and do online zoom meetings they are really good, i have had these emotions many times, just remember that is all they are emotions.

4 Likes

You are so right in about needing a meeting. That’s exactly what you need. I also love The Luckiest Club. Great online community and meetings. Good on you to come here.

1 Like

I second this. The only social media I have is instagram and it’s all sobriety related because that’s what I follow. Facebook is trash and harmful.

3 Likes

Try to remember how angry drinking made you for no valid reason?
Tried to quit drinking several times myself and I’ve always hit that same wall too. I honestly think it’s one of the five stages of grief from losing one’s very good, comfortable friend alcohol. IDK? but that’s the best I’ve ever been able to come up with?

Go hug your kids and put a smile on your face whether you mean it or not. Sometimes you just have to fake it until you make it.

It will pass! Stay strong and keep reminding yourself of the things that you really are blessed with, like your family and the fact that you still have your sobriety :slightly_smiling_face: :muscle:

2 Likes