Day 1of Recovery

Today is day 1 for me. I have realized I can’t do this alone. Coke and alcohol are my drugs. I woke up today drenched in sweat. I can’t keep doing this

16 Likes

:slight_smile: Congratulations on your decision:)
I drank for 50 years before admitting I am powerless over alcohol. Now sober 3yrs 8 mnths 3 weeks
Not easy but do able!
We do this TOGETHER!
Welcome……:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome, coming here is a good first step. This place saved my life. Be active here…maybe find a recovery program as well

4 Likes

welcome to the community! I’ve been here for quite a while, and sober now for just over two years. Lots of great support here.

3 Likes

Stay on here it’s a fantastic site

3 Likes

Welcome to the group :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the group :slightly_smiling_face:. Have a look around and ask questions if you have any. Best wishes

3 Likes

Welcome. How are you now? Thinking of you to get through the first days. Stay here and talk to the people. It helps a lot

1 Like

Well done you, I’ve only been on here for a few days but have found it very positive and supportive.

Stay strong :muscle:

1 Like

Are you in withdrawal? Please don’t be afraid to get medical help for any withdrawals you may be having. Welcome to our community. I’m new too. It’s so supportive here. I love it. Please stick around. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hi, welcome! It’s good that you’re here with us. This place is my only support, I come here every day. Together we are stronger :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Hi all. I am on Day 1 too. I was in a very dark place yesterday. My Mum was crying down the phone screaming at me not to do something silly. That will haunt me so i decided to come here. Had got close to someone at work and they have been messing me about. I turned to her for support but she blocked me last Sunday hence my feeling of abandonment. So i am here. My friends called me today to see if i was ok. I am Tim. Wishing you all a great sober day

4 Likes

We are here for you . I’m on day 7 ,but have had a few back and forths from partying to sobriety. The hardest thing around the month is to convince yourself to keep going ,most ppl including me say oh see I have it under control and fall right back to it. That’s why communities like these are very helpful! Hopefully we’ll do great for ourselves this time around,one day at a time :white_heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi Tim ! I am proud of you for doing this ,with everything else going on :pray::heart: you got this… and we’re here too !

Welcome to Talking Sober. I’m glad you decided like this and joined us. You already did your first step - I’m so proud of you! The way will be sometimes hard, but believe me, you’re not alone in this. :sun_with_face::heart::sparkles:

Tim, I’m glad you joined this community. You can do this one day at a time.