Day 2 -7pm is calling

First night really wasnt too bad but my usual drinking hour is approaching fast and I’m starting to feel it a little. I say it wasnt too bad last night but I still checked the time periodically seeing if the local shop was still open. Guess I’ve just got to take every minutes as it comes!

4 Likes

Just try to keep busy! You can do it

1 Like

Sometimes minute by minute is the only way. Do you have any distracting hobbies to keep you busy? Baking was a good one for me. Taking a long soak in the tub while reading also helped me. Some people like to knit or crochet or do crafts. Puzzles can be good. Be sure to stay hydrated and eating healthy whole foods…or indulge your sweet tooth if it calls. I also took some evening yoga and fitness classes, that helped a lot.

I know how hard those early days can be. Finding a healthy new focus can help a lot. Take it a day or minute or hour at a time.

3 Likes

Just try not to think about it.
Think instead that you don’t drink. Every time you get an urge tell yourself that.
Keep yourself busy. Or do what I did and have a bath. For the first few months I found it easier to just do the bare minimum and spend the evening in the bath reading on here or the big book or any other book you want to.
Just don’t pick up

4 Likes

Urges pass. Keeping busy is very important. What thoughts you focus on will win.

2 Likes

Stay strong and keep busy until then. My daily mantra is I have to make it to 10 p.m. if I can do that I know I’ve made it another day sober. Give your keys to somebody or your ID whatever it takes.

2 Likes

Maybe try evening meeting might help wish you well

Not sure what we have over here warks uk

There are plenty of AA and smart recovery meetings near to you Kirsty, just Google AA meetings near me or smart recovery meetings near me. The UK is full of recovery programmes and options. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Getting sober is not just a case of stopping drinking. You will need to put some serious work in to pick up again.
Read around on here there’s a lot of information.