Day 2...again!

I was sober for 2 years, but for some reason the alcohol won again and got to me. Now, it seems like I can make it a month before I cave. It’s putting tremendous strain on my wonderful husband and I and it just needs to stop.

Any advise?

7 Likes

Have you tried a detox facility, rehab, or AA. All those things helped me.

And here are more ideas:

5 Likes

How did you stay sober for 2 years before? Having a sober community is a very large part of my sobriety. Continuing every single day to put work into sobriety helps me. I did sobriety podcasts, books, YouTube, and this place obsessively for my first year.

7 Likes

For me, I make sure I don’t forget I’m an alcoholic. Every day i make a mental plan with myself & the support of my HP on doing whatever it takes to stay the course. Meetings, healthy meals, activities and being around others like myself. I keep it simple or my broken brain will try to sell me BS.

2 Likes

maybe try a meeting kept me sober over 35 years now with a program and sponsorship

1 Like

Welcome! Coming here saved my life. Be active, there is a lot of good info here. I also do AA, and that helped tremendously

2 Likes

Figure out what you think will be different the next time you drink, and accept the fact that if you drink, the end of the movie will remain the same.

Then change the part where you decide to drink again, and instead choose to say “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink.

1 Like