Day 2 and no drinking

Decided to quite drinking not just for myself but also for my loving wife and family. I tried AA once and didn’t like it, so I’m trying a differant approach our church we go to does alot with addiction and recovery so I’m just praying and trying to stay strong for my loved ones.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome here Adam,
I’m addicted to alcohol too and not in AA. I’m almost 2 years sober and this app helps me tremendously. The first year of my sobriaty I came here every day to check in sober.
Also I read a lot about my addiction and how to beat it. This app contains loads of good info!! Has your church a special program for addicted people?

4 Likes

Hey Adam. Welcome.
AA has some great stuff but it is not my cup of tea either. Their philosophy and slogans and stuff can work. I have read the the Big Book a couple of times. I do recommend that. What I’ve learned here is that we all have our own road to sobriety. It may seem cliche because I cannot imagine never drinking again. But I don’t want to drink today. And I probably won’t drink tomorrow. So I just take it “one day at a time.” Lots of good people here to help us all on our journey. And some fun stuff to boot.
Good luck. Check it out. And I glad you got God on your side. In my opinion fighting addiction is too hard to do with out God on your side.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Yes it does our Pastor is actually was an addict. They have a recovery group every Friday night.

1 Like

Welcome Adam. This forum has helped me tremendously and I’m sure you’ll have the same experience. Since you’re not into AA, I’ll give you some similar steps to follow.

4 Likes

Like @SoberWalker I’m not a member of AA but I’ve used this forum for the majority of my sobriety for support and the people here truly have been great. I think you’ll find a great sense of community here. I read a lot of addiction memoirs my first year sober and it really helped. I also did a lot of research. Stay curious, stay strong, and stay motivated!

5 Likes