Day 2 and struggling

I’ve hit reset so many times but I’m truly concerned about my health and what I’m doing to my body. Of course, I always feel the guilt and shame when I’m hungover the next day but as soon as that passes I’m looking forward to another drink. However, I know that if I keep going down the path I’m on right now, I’m going to end up incredibly sick. I’m also starting a new job soon and I want to feel 100%.

Day 2 here and fighting cravings. Gonna keep my mind busy.

1 Like

Howdy! Keep on the path, it gets easier. What kinds of things are you doing to help keep you sober?

Right now I’m making a new workout playlist to occupy my mind! Working out and eating right has always discouraged me from doing unhealthy things so that’s kinda where I’m at tonight lol

1 Like

Those are good things. Have you looked at what caused you to reset? Anything else you can do to be proactive?

It was basically just my inability to cope w anxiety. I had tried every healthy coping mechanism available to me and when it wasn’t enough, I just decided to have a drink to take the edge off…which turned into a 2 week long stretch of drinking. Im back on my meds now though so hopefully I won’t have to deal with such distressing anxiety again

3 Likes

Reach out often if you need help

1 Like

I always appreciate the support I receive here :slightly_smiling_face: everyone is so kind

I can relate to swearing off alcohol during the hangover and itching for a drink so soon after. I’m still in my first week. First Saturday without wine in I don’t know how long…years. So smart to focus on your goals. When you find something you want MORE than you want that first drink…hang onto it with everything. My something is starting a new business. Totally impossible if I give in to booze. Totally obtainable if I stay sober. So I close my eyes and breathe and visualize exactly what my new life will look like…and I have found that helps the craving pass. Hope this helps.

7 Likes

For me, i had to face why I drank. It went beyond a stressor of anxiety, or a bad day. Goals are GREAT to focus on, but can they overcome a stressor that normally moves you to a bottle. Just food for thought.

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting they help wish you well

1 Like

Hang in there. I’m definitely feeling the journey this time around. But I’m definitely noticing good things are happening very quickly too. Focus on the good parts - keep embracing that healthy lifestyle - I’m finding that helpful too.

1 Like

They do if you fully embrace the new life, and take all things as they happen.
The serenity prayer helped me a lot at the start.
And yes, you are right in saying you should hang on to the good feeling.:grinning:

2 Likes

Hang in there, look at all the support that is backing you up. Take it one day at a time, come up with a good reason just for today, today I will not drink because? My thoughts and best wishes are with you