Day 2 blues

It’s day two without alcohol and my anxiety is sky high. I don’t want to get a drink, but I feel like I really need to make this anxiety go away. Maybe some deep breaths and a new show on Hulu or something…it’s just harder than last time. I feel like my last try at sobriety was SO MUCH easier, but to my own discredit, I went into sobriety last time telling myself and everyone else that it “wouldn’t be forever.” Like no worries, it’s only for a bit then I can drink again. :roll_eyes: yeah, worked phenomenally (sarcasm).
Here’s to hoping day three brings some relief, BUT OH YEAH ITS THE WEEKEND AND THATS WHEN I BINGED THE HARDEST. Pray for me, y’all, I have a feeling it’s going to be a looooooong three days

7 Likes

You have it in you, Nancy. It’s worth it!

4 Likes

Thank you for the motivation! I appreciate your words :blush:

2 Likes

Don’t give up! Try to divert yourself with something like some ice cream or coffee. Do what you can to get through it right now :slight_smile: Sending strength and hugs!!!

3 Likes

Non-alcoholic beers really helped me with anxiety in my early recovery. Its not for everyone but i would suggest maybe trying those

1 Like

I’ve had a few before and wasn’t a huge fan, but might give them another try!

1 Like

Made it to day 3! Binging The haunting of Bly House on Netflix!

1 Like

Ooooo is that spooky? Is it good?? I like spooky!!!

It’s kind of slow to get spooky, but it’s definitely good!!

1 Like

Okay I have to watch it now!!

Check out some of the recommendations here!

Enjoy them! Remember: you have permission to do anything safe and legal, to maintain your sobriety. There are absolutely no limits other than those. Keep an open mind and be determined.

1 Like

Hi all! Day 4 is here! My dreaded Saturday :pleading_face:
Definitely tough today, I feel BORED, and nothing sounds fun. But am getting a pedicure and watching Flograppling reruns :woman_shrugging:t2: