Day 2 of no alcohol

Not feeling the urge to drink but sleeping like crap and constipated. I’ve gotta go get some kale, that always helped in the past. I forgot I could dream too, that’s a mixed bag.

4 Likes

Thanks. Luckily no nausea or shakes yet. I appreciate the support.

My sleep schedule has been horrible and I’ve been quite nauseous but you’ll get through it! It totally sucks though, that your whole body freaks out pretty much.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah the sleeping is the worst. I have night mares from my Army days that the liquor hid. Now coming back. I’m glad I found this group. It helps not to be alone.

Hang in there things will be okay! Try flushing your system out. The kale is a great idea and jump starter for me too. Leafy green FTW! :joy::wink:

I have nightmares from an ex, one thing I have found that helps me is valerian tea or supplements. It’s an herb and it just helps me have sound, deep, restful sleep. I dont wake up groggy or anything. Plus more fluids can’t hurt right? My two favorite kinds of tea are this one from Zhena Gypsy that is vanilla coconut, if you prefer something less sweet Bigelow makes a bedtime tea (I forget the name but the box is navy blue & light blue) as well. The supplements should be at pretty much any health food type store, if tea isn’t really your speed.

Thank you I’ll try that. Sorry about your nightmares.

Yeah I’m going to get some kale on the way home. Thank you.

Night terrors are very common in early recovery. They get farther apart as you gain time until eventually you can’t remember the last one. I woke up several times with so much sweat I had to change clothes and sheets. This too shall pass. I’m posting this because I wish someone had told me, when I know something I’m experiencing is common with others I can see my way through. I have been sober since 6-7-2008 and am now a counselor. Hang in there, early days are difficult but you will find they are the foundation that your beautiful new life is built upon.

2 Likes