Day 2 of opioid withdrawal

I am currently on day 2 of opioid withdrawal. I got clean about 2 weeks ago but slipped up again. I’m feeling super low energy and want to just lay in bed all day but I’m trying to fill my time with productive things to do. Major anxiety and other side effects are kicking my ass right now and I feel like checking myself into a hospital😂. I’m sick and tired of feeling like this and I want to get my shit together asap so I can move on with my life. Any advice or motivation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

1 Like

Have you considered detox and rehab? Trying to do this on your own isn’t the best option and it sounds like you’re on a hamster wheel. I was an opioid user so I know what it’s like to withdrawal. I admitted myself into detox and followed it up with an intensive outpatient program. Ask yourself…how bad do you want this and what are you willing to do to stay clean?

3 Likes

Be super gentle with yourself, it’s OK to want to be productive but you have plenty of time to be just that, on my day 2 I was just about brushing my teeth and showering. I get wete all diffrent but just be careful not to put to much too soon on your plate. All the best to you. X

2 Likes

Thank you bro, Imma try to do this at home. I appreciate your words of wisdom and I really want this to be my last time​:sob::sob: Just getting thru these first couple days is the hardest shit.

2 Likes

What happened man, you came on here 8 days clean last week? Not worth just going in and out of withdrawal. You’ll know when you really want to quit, sounds like you’re up in the air about it. Not the way to live and you’re 19 years old. Can fuck up your whole life with these pills. Don’t mean to be harsh, but I wish more people were harsh with reality to myself at your age.

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t really know what happened last time. To be honest I feel like I was more scared of the withdrawals than I enjoyed the high. But as you can tell I’m back to square one. And I appreciate you being real with me because a lot of times that’s what I need to hear to stay motivated. This time I’m going to try my best to remember how I feel today before I think about picking up some more percs.
Thanks again for your help.

3 Likes

Thank you I am trying my best to do the bare minimum today. Just came back from lunch with my girlfriend and it was exhausting but spending time with her helps my spirits😂.
Thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

You need to remove yourself from all addicts in your life. Man, I wish I was 19 again, get into school, a trade or hobbies. Your mind will constantly tell you it’s ok to take the pills, it’s up to you to fight those demons off. Make something of your life, the world has enough opiate addicts as is. Resting is fine, get as much sleep as possible, that helps the brain reset.

3 Likes

Also be mindful at the moment your fighting pills most ppl in addiction will promote over to herion when they can’t get there pills they say they never will be beleive me when I tell you this daseise only gets worse I’m 40 years old 20 years 10 of it was fun the last 10 has been a progressive mess to where I’ve nearly lost who I am completely am don’t be another statistic. Get this done now and never look bk. X how you feeling today. X

3 Likes