Day 2 of Sobriety - positive thoughts!

Day 2, hope I can do this !!! I know it’s gonna be hard!! Positive thoughts please !!! :heart:

12 Likes

Welcome, and congrats on day 2!

It can be hard, but there are ways to make it easier. Or, tools you can learn and strengthen which can be used to weather the hard times. With every challenge surmounted, we become stronger – better.

This forum has been a great place of support, friendship, wisdom, and camraderie for me. It is no coincidence that I have visited here nearly every day since I put down my last drink.

I hope this place can do the same for you.

Stick around!

4 Likes

Absolutely! Positive thoughts going your way.

Keep working it and never give up. Do you have a group you can join? Many people here have benefited from some kind of program.

Lots of water, vitamins, and introduce some new routines. Tea is nice; I started having baths. (Weird, right? But it helps me calm down and stay centred.) What do you like to do?

You dont have to do it alone… but you got this!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice , no I do not have a group I belong to… I’m just trying to figure out what I like doing since every night was drinking , I need to find new good habits … thinking about journaling , never done it before but willing to give it a shot & help get my emotions out !!

3 Likes

Absolutely, that’s a great idea. One thing that I read once: addiction is a disease of escape. The cure is connection. When we connect with people (meaningfully and sober), we realize our value, sober, we face our fears of not being good enough, or strong enough, or social enough, or whatever.

We also need to connect with ourselves, and journaling is good for that. Art is good too, and nature walks. (Maybe join a hiking club?)

If you combine sober connections (especially in a sobriety program, which is basically the same as free therapy) and journaling or art, we get a powerful sober growth combo that carries us through the inevitable “addict voice” calling us back to using our drug.

Take a look here - there are many groups and lots to choose from. I bet you would enjoy a meeting, maybe explore a few different meetings. I was really nervous my first one, but people were wonderful, and I’ve learned so much (it transformed my sobriety):
Resources for our recovery

Congrats again! This is a good new chapter for your life. Enjoy it :smile:

2 Likes

Thank u so much !! :blush:

1 Like

I’m on day 2 myself!! Hoping this time is the real deal! Congrats to you tooo​:hugs::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks , to you also , I have tried before , let’s hope this time sticks !! :blush:

I am on Day 2 as well!! I have taken extended breaks from drinking before, but I had an incident the other night that made it clear I was getting out of control. I always think I’m capable of moderation, and then I learn again that I’m just not. It’s time for a fresh start. I’ve used this app before but never joined the forum. I’m hoping it helps to connect with others.

3 Likes

You sound exactly like me , I have also tried before & failed, I have had to may incidents over the past year , I have to make a change & find myself again !! Hope it sticks for both of us this time … :heart:

1 Like

2 here too, lol! :wave::smile:
Although I had 52, I’m back after a few weeks out.🤷

2 Likes

Good luck !!! :heart:

1 Like

It’s never to late to make a change… I love that you said you wanted to find yourself again. I was reflecting on my behavior with drinking and where I’m at, and I had this feeling of wanting to honor who I was as a child. I want to be myself and feel alive without alcohol, without any barriers to my experience. I just went to write my bio in the profile and all I could think was “one day at a time.” It could even be just “one moment at a time.” I’m glad we are in this together!

2 Likes

Welcome!! This forum is a fantastic tool for sobriety. Read lots of posts, search for things using the magnifying glass in the top right corner and ask questions any time! This is a very supportive place. Looking forward to seeing your days stack up!

1 Like

It’s great knowing I’m not alone on this journey…which is where I think I’ve messed up in the past. Not getting the support! So thankful to all of you sharing your encouragement and struggles🤩

2 Likes

@Concetta @Shirley1 This is a great community to lean on! A wealth of wisdom and experience to draw on, for sure. Stay strong, you got this!

1 Like

Me too, we got this !! :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Me too. Positivity back atcha

1 Like

Congrats on three days now! Are you still sober lol j/k

1 Like