Day 2 skeptical but all in

I’m on day two they keep saying that their support out there and they keep saying that I’m not alone he keeps saying that it’s possible and they keep saying it gets better I have always thought that everyone had some addiction I’ve always thought that if you have to have your cigarette after your coffee or your coffee after your waking or your gym or your drink after work or your church every Sunday that everyone has a form of addiction I don’t want to lie to people that love me I don’t want to miss out on life and I don’t want to give any more of mine to the prison or the system I’m trying that’s all I’m doing

8 Likes

Having that recognition is huge! Just keep being sober, in this moment. And the next one to. It’s all little “right now’s”.

1 Like

Thank you. I agree. Im just trying to stop my usual thought pattern and give this my all.

1 Like

It does get better, not because it becomes easier, but rather because you become stronger. With each sober day, your DOC has a little less hold on you. Like a rocket leaving earth, the further away you go, the less gravity tries to pull you back down.

There is support here. I’ve been active here close to 6 years. I doubt I would have made it through that first 90 days, had I not come on here at least once or twice a day. Some days I lived on this site.

I’ve seen people come, and people go, in this community. The ones who make it are active. Now and then someone will reappear after a long absence. Sometimes it’s just to check in, and let us know they are doing fine in their sobriety. More often though, it’s coming back after a relapse. They’ll say one of their biggest mistakes was they quit coming here, quit reaching out.

So welcome. I’m glad you are here and hope you will stay, share, heal, learn and grow.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate your words. Honest

1 Like

Omg i loved this. Thank you. So much

2 Likes

Really glad you’re here! You’re right, everyone struggles with something. Not alone at all.

Going sober can be a big change but try to imagine a life where being sober is second nature. And in the process you learn about yourself, find a life you love that you’d never want to ruin by using.

It’ll happen. Not immediately but keep going.

1 Like