Day 2 - some big steps

Today is day 2 for me. I had a video call scheduled with my doctor this afternoon. I scheduled it a week and a half ago when I was in crisis mode, my depression and anxiety were totally out of hand due to drinking, and i was having thoughts of dying. I made the appointment to adjust my antidepressant medication. Of course, since realizing the anxiety and depression were only worse because of my drinking and making the commitment yesterday to get sober, I had to choose today to be honest with my doctor. I don’t need to mess with my depression medication. I need help with alcohol. She was very compassionate and gave me a referral to their addiction medicine department. It was really hard to be honest, and I was really afraid of being judged, but all I got was support. There’s a lesson in there somewhere, I’m sure of it :joy:

Today I also had plans to have dinner with a friend at an Italian restaurant that I wanted to try forever, with of course a very beautiful wine list. I drank soda water and bitters all night, and was able to tell my friend what I’m going through and she also showed that she’s someone who can be on my team.

Feeling strong so far. Let’s hope tomorrow is good too!

I’m feeling very grateful for all the knowledge I’m gaining from this community and for the compassion that all of you have shown me in the last 36 hours :heart:

14 Likes

Congratulations. You’re doing great. Keep it up.

1 Like

I’m on day 2 as well! Keep it up!

1 Like

What a courageous person you are!

1 Like