Day 20 - drinking dream last night

I’m on day 20 no booze. Had a dream last night that I was at a work function where there was a lot of booze (usually is) and I caved and had a glass of wine, and then somehow I ended up smoking crack, which I have never done in my life. Woke up glad to realize it was all a bad dream, and I know that is common, I’ve seen it a lot on this site. Cravings are down to about zero during the day and evening, but my subconscious has other ideas. Going to stay strong.

7 Likes

I had one last night also…i can’t remember all the details but i know i was drinking some sort of bottle and wondering if i needed to start my days over. Day 17

1 Like

In the past I have had I have had vivid relapse dreams that felt so real that you would awakened feeling remorse and dread, it used to take a bit to get it sorted out in my head that it was just a dream.

1 Like

@Beachy congrats on 17 days!

1 Like

I’m on day 21 no alcohol and I had a horrible drinking dream recently too. It wasn’t a fun experience. I woke up feeling a lot of shame and anxiety. I know it’s normal, but I also think it’s a sign that I need to work on the guilt im still carrying from past mistakes.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies everybody! It really helps to know I’m not alone. Stay strong everyone! :muscle:

1 Like

Congratulations on 20 days! I’m on day 107 and I just had a dream a few weeks ago. It was just a regular dream where I had 1 beer. In the dream after having the beer I was very disappointed in myself the next day to giving in to having a drink. When I actually up I was uncomfortable and not just because I thought I was in the movie Groundhogs Day. I had to focus for a few moments to realize what was happening. Once I realized it was a dream I felt a bit crazy for feeling so, well, betrayed by myself when I first woke up. But then it made me smile because it WAS a dream & I WAS DISAPPOINTED!!! Which just reminded me of how we do recover because even my subconscious doesn’t want me to fail anymore! I don’t mean to be discouraging that the dreams may continue just encouraging that they’ll start to change later on as you learn the lessons your subconscious is telling you.

2 Likes

Day 1306 for me and I still dream about alcohol it will always be in my subconscious thoughts

2 Likes

I dreamed I was stuck in a foreign country and had lost my ID - and was being told by the airline I couldn’t go home bc I got drunk and lost my ID

I woke up crying.

This is day 20 and I feel the like I had an exorcism- the closer the devil got closer to leaving my body the louder is got !!!

The booze wants back in and I’m claiming my sobriety over it

2 Likes

Had one last night. Been sober for 3 1/2 years… been awhile since last one…Woke up DISGUSTED!!
Read they are common but get less frequent… Heck I quit smoking 40 years ago and I still get smoking dreams once in a great while!! Hate the feeling right after waking up but programmed myself when this happens to remind myself that it is ok and I am still winning:) NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS OR DANGER!

1 Like

Woke up from a drinking dream on day 130 alcohol free. In the dream I decided to full-on party with a bunch of people I didn’t know. In the dream, I woke up totally hung over and had blacked out, not remembering what I had done. People around me looked pissed at me and I couldn’t remember why. In real-life, I woke up right after that, and felt very upset. These dreams are escalating from accidentally drinking one glass of wine to blackout drunk. Ugh!

1 Like

Isn’t it great when you wake up realising it was just a dream tho?. I have had some drunk dreams on my journey and man I’ve literally woke up feeling dizzy and so out of it only to then realise yay, I’m still sober. Keep it up , you are doing awesome

2 Likes

It is great. But I actually feel upset with myself for what I did in the dream! Thank you for the encouragement :hugs:

2 Likes

Oh I totes get that, some of my drunk dreams leave me feeling that way too. My last drink I had I actually dreamt that I rang so many people in my drunkenness and spoke a heap of martian sounds to them, I texted everyone the following week to apologise from my drunk call and they said they couldn’t remember me calling or my texts. I felt so bad and dumb at the same time…but also relieved

1 Like

Oh my-that’s actually kind of About the Martian sounds! I understand needing to check on texts sent! So happy we don’t have to do that anymore!