Day 20 oxy withdrawls are killing me

Day 20 and im feeling physcial withdrawls. I have flushs hot and cold. Fatigue, painful headaches. And im craving sugar so badly. Like sugar drinks. Any tips on how to get through or make it easier or what else to expect would be great. Not helping that i feel like a kid having a tantrum cuz they dont feel well. I want to have a tantrum. Also want to slap myaelf because i wanted oxy so badly yesterday and i feel like im being punished for thinking about it. And i know i sound like a whiney self pitying douchebag but go easy, im doing this alone as i got no family support.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that you’re going through that. I know the feeling all too well. Please let me know if you need any advice or someone to vent to… I’m trying not to offer unsolicited advice as much as I usually do… But have you tried a warm bath for the aches and pains? When I was withdrawing, that was the only thing that helped.

3 Likes

If you want the sugar then have it. I craved a lot of sugar that 1st month. Everything you’re feeling is normal. Remember, this will not last forever. Continue to ride the wave and you’ll come out free of that shit forever. Taking hot showers or baths will help. Also, force yourself to get out and walk. Nature does wonders for the body and mind.

3 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up for thoughts your mind produces atm. Maybe try to step a little back. It’s a kind of exercise, to step back and look from outside at the feelings and thoughts you have right now. It allows you to get some distance between you and them. You are not your thoughts or your feelings. Whatever your subconscious produces atm you don’t have to react on that and more so not beat you up for that. That would create: I am not good as I am, it’s my fault. But you are doing great. It will get better. :sunflower:

2 Likes

Ah I feel you we taken away our comfort blanket when we stop and that in turns sets off a set of emotions physically and mentally and emotionally. Lots of water exercise like walking, rest when you can and a good community of like minded ppl 20 days is amazing your be coming out the other side soon my names Emma and I’m recovering from a 20 Yr herion and benzo addiction. All the best.

2 Likes

You are doing great @Brooks you are so nearly through this! If sugar is what you are craving you need to get it in you. Your body is clearing itself and if you need the sugar it must need the energy to rid the toxins. I’m so glad that we can be here for you during this difficult stage. You are an inspiration my friend! Please keep talking to us and be kind to yourself. As others have suggested, warm baths and hot showers really do help. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey Brooks,

I know you feel like crap but TWENTY days!!! That’s freaking phenomenal. Are you taking any supplements? All drugs and alcohol steal vital nutrients from the body. Your body is telling you to replace it, like NOW.

GABA - For the brain, Calcium and magnesium will help with sore muscles and headaches, All the Vitamin B Complex (this one is a biggie for anyone coming off of anything!), Omega-3s can help with dopamine and mood leveling. Eat some protein and stay hydrated. I know it sounds like a lot.

If I was to go with one supplement, it’d be the B+, all day long. AND the water, so much water.

Stay strong.

1 Like