Day 22 today first time posting on here

I decided to quit again 3 weeks ago. I quit for 6 months like 4 years ago. When i started up again i thought i wouldnt be as bad. I told myself its all good i never bring it home to my wife and step kids, i come home after the club night. “I only drink on weekends” I told myself. Down the road it led me to drinking abit longer through the night with friends. Cocaine entered the party again in my life. It went downhill from there. My wife left me when i had been honest with her and told her i did cocaine again after 6 years. We were already drifting apart because of my heavy night club drinking. I thought she would come back again but nope when i knew it was for real i drank more. I slowly got into the cocaine again when ever i drank. My corrupt mind thought doing coke was ok because i only did it when i drank. Over the past year and 9 months since my seperation the cocaine use has gotten worse still never did without the influence of alcohol but one gram a night had turned into four 8 balls drinking for 2 days straight. I lost 30 pounds in one month. I felt depressed, stressed, tired, sick, asking myself why do i keep doing this to myself. I decided 22 days ago ive had enough and made the decision to quit again for me, myself, and I.

4 Likes

Well done on your 22 day . Coke is the devil as u well know! In your share I could read the progression of addiction in you … it always starts as 1g and ends up taking over your life . I’m so pleased your here reaching out and I hope you stay to get involved with this great comunity. I do lots of ca meetings I’m not sure where u r in the world but the online meetings are a great way to listen to others experience strengh and hope.

1 Like

you got a link to the online meetings?

1 Like

R u in .uk?

no. Canada.

Ahhh I only have a London link and I’m not sure how to send it I’ll try my best I’ll also tag u in a post for the online meeting we do here 4 talking soba comunity

1 Like

AA has an Intergroup directory of online meetings here. A lot are in the US but I don’t think you have to be there:

There’s also this thread which has more online options:
Online meeting resources